Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Prime z390-a
CPU
i9 9900k
Graphics
onboard
Hi everybody,

About 3 years ago I built a z170 hackintosh with a gigabyte motherboard that had thunderbolt. After only a few tweaks I was able to get it to work and was very happy using it for music production with uaudio thunderbolt interfaces. After a few years the motherboard just died. I sent it back to gigabyte and they repaired it, then a few months later it died again. I couldn’t find a replacement so I worked on a laptop.

Now, I’ve decided to try again with an Asus and an i9 processor but I can’t even get to the install OSX screen, it freezes.

Here is my screenshot:
IMG_2721.JPG

I’ve searched for 2 days and tried everything I could find to get to the install screen but I keep getting the same error. I tried installing Mojave and just now I tried with Catalina and still it stops at the same place.

Can somebody please help me out?

Thanks!!

System:
Motherboard: ASUS Prime Z390-A (latest bios version)
Processor: i9 9900K
Graphics: onboard
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB
Samsung 850 evo 250gb
TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 N900 Wireless Dual Band PCI Express Adapter
LG BH16NS55.AUAR10B 16 x Internal SATA BDRW
BeQuiet 600W Straight 10 Power Supply

Bios:
VT-D: Disabled
CFG-Lock: Disabled
XMP II: Enabled
Serial Port: Disabled
Intel Virtual Technology: Disabled
Fast Boot: Disabled
Network Stack: Disabled
XHCI Hand off: Enabled
OS Type: Other OS

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.3 KB · Views: 62
  • EFI.zip
    9.1 MB · Views: 73
An SMBIOS iMac19,1 is better suited to your hardware. You should either emulate nvram using EMUVariableUEFI.efi or use SSDT-PMC.aml in acpi/patched if you want to run native nvram, you may need slide=0 boot arg, more info here;
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/gigabyte-z390-m-gaming-build-with-working-nvram.291193/
Your Asus RTC bug patch is disabled and should be enabled, see config.plist acpi patches.
If using UHD630 graphics DVMT-PREALLOC should be set to <64mb in bios.
You should add USBInjectALL.kext to Clover/Kexts/Other and enable 10.15 port limit patches, the PLPs in your config.plist are for 10.13 and 10.14 the verbose error you're getting is symptomatic of USB not working correctly.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/usb-2-0-3-0-3-1-fix.284709/
Use the USB2.0 ports on the rear of the mainboard for installation and if you have one use a DP port for your monitor.
Use latest versions of clover, lilu and whatevergreen. You should perhaps add AppleALC.kext also.
Good luck :thumbup:

Last edited:
Thanks Big-W, for the reply!

I tried everything you said and I got 2 more lines, but it still freezes.
IMG_2724.JPG

I've tried some other efi folders from here, that work on almost the same system and it's still the same freeze.

Is it possible I am missing a setting in my BIOS?

I've attached the updated efi folder with your suggested changes and the new screenshot.

Thanks

Attachments

• EFI-Backups.zip
    9.2 MB · Views: 74
You're right, I missed that one!

I just enabled and still, it's getting stuck at the same spot...

Any other ideas?

Hey Big-W, thanks for hanging in here with me and sharing your clover folder!
Unfortunately, it's still the same error with your folder.

I've been looking over endless pages with other people configs and I changed something in my bios:
Advanced \ AMP Configuration → Power On By PCI-E/PCI: Enabled

Now, it still freezes with the same error, but I see Lilu coming up with an error and Virtual SMC too...
If I disable "Power On By PCI-E/PCI" in the bios again, it looks like the screen shot above, no different than before even though I am using your folder.

Does this add any clues?

IMG_2730.JPG

I copied your bios config and removed the SMCSuperIO.kext and nothing changed.
I then took out my wifi card and "pxsx cannot assert wake from D3cold" disappeared but it still froze.

I then read a post and it was suggested to add the 6 FakeSMC kexts and not it has gotten a lot further!

Now I'm stuck here:
new.JPG

after a while the screen starts degrading and turns to this:

new1.JPG

I was on the verge of giving up, but now I'm hopeful again.

What do you think?

Attachments

• CLOVER1.zip
    19.5 MB · Views: 54
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back