Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte h110m-s2h-gsm
CPU
i5 6500
Graphics
Intel 530
So I have downloaded masOS Sierra onto a usb flashdrive along with all the nessacary kexts and clover. I realized that I may need to try to re-erase and partition the drive because UEFI would not show up in the boot menu (F12). I'm kinda too lazy to go track down someone with a mac and borrow it again so would this be possible to do with a Windows computer? I just wouldn't know how to use the terminal command normally seen on a mac (I used Clover btw).

I would never format a drive that may work. Buy another quality USB stick and try again. You may need to turn off CSM in the BIOS before it can be read, or toggle the BIOS USB legacy setting, or disable USB 3.1, etc., along with trying the USB stick in other ports. So, the USB stick may be good. Just don't go and hurt it by removing it with the PC powered up. If the USB stick can't read, it is best to hold in the power button for over 4 seconds until the PC powers down. Then pull the AC cord and wait at least 20 - 30 seconds, or, if you can see the motherboard LED, don't pull the USB stick until the LED goes off.

Yeah, I've killed a few USB sticks in my day... especially the mini SD cards in USB stick adapters. I no longer just pull a USB stick because it could have been written in a format (HFS, GPT, FAT32, EXT4, etc.) that the running OS cannot read or cannot mount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back