Graphics
xfx 2GB DDR3
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have a NTFS drive... how do I format it to install OSX?

Thanks.

During the initial installation of OSX, there will be option for you to go into Disk Utility. You can perform partition if needed and format the drive as OSX Extended journal then proceed with installation.

ijhu said:
During the initial installation of OSX, there will be option for you to go into Disk Utility. You can perform partition if needed and format the drive ...

If only I could get there... I keep getting EBIOS READ ERROR once the system starts to install the Mac Disc. I begin to suspect that it's probably trying to read the NTFS drive and cannot read it... according to someone who, when they disable the NTFS drive, the error does not appear.

This is probably NOT an NTFS format drive issue but rather it is relating to OSX installation.
You should specify the steps you have followed and what you have done so far.
-Did you follow any particular guide in the forum?
example: viewtopic.php?f=168&t=32306
-What OSX version are you trying to install? SnowLeopard or Lion.?
etc..

My system is noted in my profile. I did the iBoot disk which booted fine and I swapped in the OSX disc and did F5 and it showed the OSX disk on screen. I pushed ENTER and it started to read the disk and then EBIOS error 0x01.

I then opted to do the USB boot (Unibeast) from a Mac Mini (Lion) but the Lion App wasn't in the app folder as suggested so I copied it there so I could complete the bootable USB Lion drive - but I don't think it transfered Lion unto the USB. So idid a manual copy.

The end result was that only the hard drive and the USB icon showed up on Hack screen - no lion.

Thanks for the help.

I have the original snow leopard disk 10.4? And I have the Lion download app. I rather start from Lion but I'm having a hard time either way... two days now and nothing is working.

I assume you followed the BIOS setting Step 3-5 per link below?:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=168&t=32306
or here: http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/ ... -x-on.html

OSX Lion, follow Unibeast guide to create the bootable Lion USB stick. must have a working hakcintosh or MAC with OSX Lion purchased from the Appstore.
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/10/ ... using.html

You must have the RETAIL Snow Leopard DVD disc. per attached picture. They are either 10.6.0 or 10.6.3 (Not the GREY version)

Attachments

• mac-os-x-snow-leopard RETAIL.png
    mac-os-x-snow-leopard RETAIL.png
    15.5 KB · Views: 125
Ok, I just understood what u were saying. I have 10.5.4 - the grey version... So that must be y Im getting errors.

Regarding unibeast step 2.11 ... I don't see lion in the application folder - what do I do?

Ok figured it to ... thanks so much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back