Graphics
evga geforce 760
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I completely messed up my perfectly fine Yosemite desktop install when I tried to upgrade to El Capitan. I ended up reformatting my SSD and trying to reinstall, as I wasn't even able to get into the recovery portion.

I have a system now that is only able to boot into clover. I have created bootable USB sticks with Yosemite and El Capitan on them, and have used many combinations of bootflags, but I can't seem to get through the install process without getting a kernel panic.

I want to start anew. All of the advice I've seen about reformatting the EFI partition seems to involve using disk utility or a windows 7 installer disc. Is there any other way to get at the EFI partition to reformat it without using either of these methods (ie- with an unbootable system)? Or maybe someone has some advice on how to get a system that can boot into clover up and running again with a fresh install. I have spent hours on this problem and have gotten absolutely nowhere.

Can anyone help with this situation, please? At a total loss.

I made the same mistake, updating Yosemite to El Capitan, and would like to start over as well. Can anyone help us out?

Any resolution here? I like to do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back