Contribute
Register

Forgot admin password, what are my options?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lion
CPU
Intel i7
Graphics
Radeon
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I forgot my admin password and have tried deleting the applesetupdone file in order to create a new admin and reset my old admin password but despite being logged in as the admin by default, I'm denied permission to delete this file through the terminal.

What else can I do to reset my admin password? I would really hate to have to do a fresh install of lion again...

Thanks,

-J

Do you have any access to Parental Controls? If not, I think you are SOL. Create a back-up of all your important files and then reinstall Lion. Sorry for your luck man. Best of luck in the future. :thumbup:

i need help also dont know how to get to the teminal without logging in. I forgot my password n i have extremly important files on there n i need to retrive them. i hve yosemite i recently changed my password because of invasion n i havent logged in a month n now i cant remember. Any help? thank you

This is not the place to be discussing how to bypass security measures, try Google.

This is not the place to be discussing how to bypass security measures, try Google.
I built my own computer from this site and if I choose Ask for help who are to tell me take it somewhere else. I forgot my password. I'm seeking help. All google have is the way the original apple product does it. If can't help, keep your thoughts to yourself it will cost you nothing to pay me no mind.

I don't know if you found the solution, but try booting into the Recovery installation. You might be able to reset it there. But, Google is your best friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back