Contribute
Register

Forget about 10.8.5 - was there success with 10.8.4 and the custo mac?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-X79-UD5
CPU
E5-2687W
Graphics
EVGA GTX-760
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I was thinking about upgrading currently on 10.8.2. Some users of pro tools have stated specific performance improvements with 10.8.4

So....What version of MB should I use? What are some of the kext's that I should list and how should I go about the upgrade....I thank everybody for the input and experience.....

Be blessed and relax b/c Monday is tomorrow :sick:

GA-X79-UD5 / i7-3990k / GT640 / Thanks

I'd hold off updating until letter this coming week. MultiBeast will be updated to reflect the (suprises) in 10.8.5. :thumbup:

Oh...yeah...survive Monday! :lol:

So I was thinking about upgrading currently on 10.8.2. Some users of pro tools have stated specific performance improvements with 10.8.4

So....What version of MB should I use? What are some of the kext's that I should list and how should I go about the upgrade....I thank everybody for the input and experience.....

Be blessed and relax b/c Monday is tomorrow :sick:

GA-X79-UD5 / i7-3990k / GT640 / Thanks

If you want to give this a go then use the combo update and follow Storks advice. I would suggest cloning your existing Installation onto a separate HDD or SSD and performing the update on that. If you have problems or do not like the way Pro Tools works, then it is easy and quick to swap the drives back to your original installation.

As I write this the best version of MultiBeast to use is 5.4.3 as it is the latest - there will be a new version out in the next few days that is more concerned with the update to 10.8.5

The only kexts that normally need to be reapplied after the update are your audio kexts - just as you selected for the original install. According to the Gigabyte website that is ALC898.

Adrian B

Very good thanks guys - I will most definitely wait and back up my installation prior to updating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back