NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 SC
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I just figured this out today. For the past two days I have tried about 7 times to install OS X 10.8.3 to no avail. I would install and everything would work until I shut down. I went through all of my MultiBeast drivers and nothing would work. Once I shut down, I could not boot up from my hard disk and could only boot from my USB drive. Well, I have figured it out. After many hours of googling and searching through these forums, I found out that there was an issue with OS X and UEFI. In the BIOS (I have a Gigabyte Z77...UD5H), find your boot options. There should be a setting with a "drop-down" of Boot Option #1 and Boot Option #2. First thing to do. Disable Boot Option #2. You won't need it. Then, set Boot Option #1 to P5, or whatever P# you have. I've read that people have P0 for their drives, but I have P5, so I set it to that. Once you do that, boot from the USB, choose Mountain Lion, go through the MultiBeast if you want to, and eject your flashdrive. Now turn you computer on and hopefully you'll have the same results that I do and within 30 seconds, you should appear at your OS X 10.8.3 login screen! I hope this helps everyone with this problem!

I just figured this out today. For the past two days I have tried about 7 times to install OS X 10.8.3 to no avail. I would install and everything would work until I shut down. I went through all of my MultiBeast drivers and nothing would work. Once I shut down, I could not boot up from my hard disk and could only boot from my USB drive. Well, I have figured it out. After many hours of googling and searching through these forums, I found out that there was an issue with OS X and UEFI. In the BIOS (I have a Gigabyte Z77...UD5H), find your boot options. There should be a setting with a "drop-down" of Boot Option #1 and Boot Option #2. First thing to do. Disable Boot Option #2. You won't need it. Then, set Boot Option #1 to P5, or whatever P# you have. I've read that people have P0 for their drives, but I have P5, so I set it to that. Once you do that, boot from the USB, choose Mountain Lion, go through the MultiBeast if you want to, and eject your flashdrive. Now turn you computer on and hopefully you'll have the same results that I do and within 30 seconds, you should appear at your OS X 10.8.3 login screen! I hope this helps everyone with this problem!

To give a little more explanation, with UEFI you will usually see two entries in the possible choices on the boot menu for your hard drive. One is "legacy", the other is UEFI. Mac OS X will only boot from the "legacy" entry, which, as ProPride says, usually starts with "P0:".

Hello propride will you please help me I have the same issue.I cannot understand whatever you have said will you please explain it or please provide a video about this...Please help me I have also googled about this issu but I don't got any answer yet please help me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back