Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
hello gang,

I was having problems booting without iBoot so I followed Tonys post this morning about how "Getting iBoot Functionality out of Multibeast". Now, I can't boot in any shape form or fashion.

Can't boot with iBoot disk, iBoot rescue drive, or in safe mode. Now, I get stuck at the gray apple screen no matter what I try. YIKES.

I literally had everything working except the rear audio ports and normal boot w/o iBoot! Sleep working perfectly! Everything! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Someone pleaseeeee help! I would like to fix this with out loading everything over again (took me two days install all my software), but I will do whatever is necessary.

a) With iboot insert and booting up and hit F12 then select DVDROM, does iboot load at all?

b) If iboot loaded successfully, does it see your OSX drive?

c) system does not see iboot nor anything

(If condition = C, check your boot priority, check your hardware connectors both DVDROM+HDD, reset your BIOS if necessary, reflash your BIOS if neccessary)

d) reinstall from scratch.
-------------------------------------------------------
Prior to your dilemma, all you had to do was launch multibeast and select BOOTLOADERS>CHAMELEON ATI EXPERIMENTAL + SYSTEM UTILITY. (since you have Radeon 5770 video card)

iBoot works fine. I can see the system HDD, select it, but it gets stuck at grey Apple screen.

Many people had recommended that I use the ATI Experimental bootloader but that wasn't working for me. So, I gave tonys idea a shot although I had a sinking feeling that I was going to have to re-install everything anyways.

Ah well. Live and learn. I will wait for a second opinion, but at least now I can do it the right way if I have to re-install from scratch :think:

Re-installed everything (from step 1 of iBoot + Multibeast) FOLLOWING THE STEPS EXACTLY and now i'm golden. All the problems I had before, that I was trying to fix using tonys new method are also fixed (boot w/o iBoot, sound)!!!! Yay!!!!

Lesson of the day? MAKE SURE YOU FOLLOW TONYS STEPS EXACTLY or else you will have to start all over again from scratch.
:headbang: :D :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back