3. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. LC
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  2. Other
Hi there,
I'm trying to make this hackintosh work : Gigabyte H67M-D2-B3 + intelCore i3 + Snow Leopard + 4 Gb ram + 350 Gb HD + GeForce 8400 GS.
I followed the guide and put everything like shown into the BIOS ( safe defaults, then AHCI, HPET64bits, CDrom first boot then SATA HD.
I succeeded to install SL from the iBoot cd then i've downloaded the 10.6.8 combo update and first off installed "Update Helper" then reboot, so far every thing fine. After reboot with the update helper installed, i ran the 10.6.8 combo updater, didn't restart in order to run Multibeast, the thing is Multibeast installed almost properly : the progress bar of the app ran good all the way except at the end saying something like : an error occured, retry to install" this is it..; !
I tried and tried it wont do. Then i reboot to see if by any chance it did installed enough to work, but no chance ! I'm stuck with the grey background and the grey apple, even no wheel turning...
I did a brand new install all the way again, three times... still the same !
Any idea!?

Have you tried to boot with the rBoot or iBoot disk in the drive?

If it doesn't work try adding the following flags at the Chameleon prompt

-x -v PCIRootUID=1

If you can get in, try re-running MultiBeast, a few kexts at a time and System Utilities at the end.

If you do have to reinstall, I would suggest updating to 10.6.7 first, creating a small 8 GB partition and clone the startup drive to it, then proceed to update to 10.6.8, having a backup, so you can access it if you need to.

Yes i did try to boot with the iBoot cd in but no chance, stuck after 10 secs with grey Apple hanging.
Will try re running multibeast.
I'll let you know

Did a fresh install of my Snow Leopard 10.6 retail DVD using iBoot.
Now i reboot and don't apply the combo update 10.6.8, i just tried to boot on my HDD so i've ran multibeast in order to get my HDD to boot without the iBoot cd.
after that I reboot but got kernel panic right at the start.
So i'm wondering what is missing in this multibeast installation because when i put the iBoot cd, MAC os 10.6 starts ok. Other than that it won't.
I tried to re run multibeast, no luck.
I tried to update to 10.6.1, got KP only boot with the iBoot cd
Then updated to 10.6.4, got KP, but boot ok with the iBoot Cd

funny how the system runs ok when it's booted from the iBoot Cd, and just wont start if i want to use the multibeast bootloader !

any idea ?

I will guess you didn't use a DSDT, correct.

What version of MultiBeast did you use? Should be 3.10.0 for Snow Leopard.

Did you choose the EasyBeast install? What else did you select?

Confirm you can get to the Chimera screen when you boot from HDD.....and can select your SL partition.

Have you tried adding boot flags at the Chimera prompt when you boot from the HDD?

Hi,
it took me some time but now things are quite "fine" :
Once my system booted with the iBoot CD I installed Multibeast vers 3.9.1
checked "User's DSDT" ( i've dl the correct one for my motherboard from Tonymacs DSDT section) and "system utilities" that's all.
My system booted nicely.
So first thank you.
Now the weird things : Sometimes when i reboot or start the hack in the morning i'm getting a KP; not each times...
I restart the machine and it will boot okay, without me doing any changes...
Or... : it wont boot and i then need to use the iBoot CD then once in the finder install again Multibeast with same options as above.
Other weird thing : in the system i'm getting wrong info about the system speed bus : 400 mhz ?!
hack1

And my video card is not fully recognized :
hack2

hack3

Which is funny because on my other hack ( GA 31M ES2L intel C2Duo) this video card is fully recognized as radeon HD 5770 vervet.

My motherboard rev is 1.1
H67M D2 B3
video card is ati radeon 5770 1gb batmobile fan
My CPU is intel Core i3 - 2130
and i've got 2x2gB corsair ram

any ideas of what i'm missing or doing wrong ?

Thanks

Well, the bus speed is probably just cosmetic, so I would treat that last, if it bothers you.

The occasional KP or non-start is best narrowed down by booting with the -v verbose option turned on, you can do it each boot by stopping at the Chimera screen and typing -v, it will then show all the kexts installing and sometimes offers a good hint as to why it KPs. I would start there.

If it is a PCI issue, you could try booting with the -v PCIRootUID=1 flag and see if that helps. IF so there is an option in MultiBeast/Customization/Boot Options to add it to the org.Chameleon.Boot.plist.

If that isn't it and the cause isn't obvious, post a screenshot of the KP screen and perhaps one of us will see some hint there.

ok, thank you, i will try to boot "verbose" mode and take a picture whenever it KP !

and will try adding PCIRootUID=1 flag via multibeast !

thank you again for the advices

WAIT....don't add the flag in MultiBeast UNTIL you have tried adding at the Chameleon prompt (where it only applies for one restart) and confirmed it doesn't cause any issues.

Oops !

i did it in multibeast...

Anyway it's all the same : I rebooted and KP,
rebooted again without doing any changes and... the Finder appeared magically ! that is frustrating , not knowing why !! not understanding what is messing...
anyway i took a pict , there you are :

one on simple reboot :
hack5.JPG

another one with single user mode on ( wanted to do a fsck -f)
hack4.JPG

Now please tell me you understand something reading those !! please! :x

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back