Contribute
Register

Flickering Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Sorry for being not being clear, I'm new to all of this and stumbling along ...................

What I meant was that if I don't put any value in "ig-platform-id" (in clover configurator) but leave Inject Intel ticked the display is usable. If I put the values you supplied in "ig-platform-id" while leaving Inject Intel ticked, I get the errors I mentioned earlier.

If I untick "
Inject Intel" (and not making any other selections) I get a black screen on reboot.

I'm assuming that by unselecting
"Inject Intel" that the system defaults to VESA, am I right in this ?

I'll look for
"ioreg" and see if I can see something first and if you don't mind attach here as well.

Thanks again, without your help I'd still be running windows.

Hi,

Sorry for being not being clear, I'm new to all of this and stumbling along ...................

What I meant was that if I don't put any value in "ig-platform-id" (in clover configurator) but leave Inject Intel ticked the display is usable. If I put the values you supplied in "ig-platform-id" while leaving Inject Intel ticked, I get the errors I mentioned earlier.

If I untick "
Inject Intel" (and not making any other selections) I get a black screen on reboot.

I'm assuming that by unselecting
"Inject Intel" that the system defaults to VESA, am I right in this ?

I'll look for
"ioreg" and see if I can see something first and if you don't mind attach here as well.

Thanks again, without your help I'd still be running windows.

Post ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Also, post EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory, especially if you have an overabundance of themes installed.

Hi, it took a while but I finally managed to borrow my wife's machine again, here are the files you requested.

Attachments

• ioreg-24thJan.ioreg
    1.5 MB · Views: 109
  • EFI_folder.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 80
Hi, it took a while but I finally managed to borrow my wife's machine again, here are the files you requested.

The ig-platform-id that you're using (0x19260001, shown in ioreg) is not valid.

I extracted the valid ig-platform-id values from 10.11.2. I haven't checked 10.11.3 to see if there are new ones...

ig-platform-id values SKL 10.11.2 (byte reversed)

00 00 12 19
01 00 02 19
01 00 12 19
01 00 32 19
02 00 16 19
02 00 26 19
03 00 1E 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back