I7 4770k
Graphics
XFX 5770
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

Been a while since ive posted and updated my hack really. Still running 10.9.5 ( mavericks )!!

Now, im trying to do a fresh install of Sierra onto new SSD but with old hardware ( 4670K , Gigabyte Z87 D3HP board.) and havinng issues with running with the xfx 5770 gpu.

I can install and get a working system but with the 5770 installed, it flickers between blue and orange on the desktop every time you seem to move the cursor.

From the look into it ive done so far, i cant see anyone else having same issues....

Install wise, should I be installing using on board graphics first and then install GPU? or install with gpu in?

Any help appreciated!

Were you able to resolve this? I'm facing the same issue as well.

Hi,

Been a while since ive posted and updated my hack really. Still running 10.9.5 ( mavericks )!!

Now, im trying to do a fresh install of Sierra onto new SSD but with old hardware ( 4670K , Gigabyte Z87 D3HP board.) and havinng issues with running with the xfx 5770 gpu.

I can install and get a working system but with the 5770 installed, it flickers between blue and orange on the desktop every time you seem to move the cursor.

From the look into it ive done so far, i cant see anyone else having same issues....

Install wise, should I be installing using on board graphics first and then install GPU? or install with gpu in?

Any help appreciated!

Download and run ResXtreme.app, double click resolution with 8 Bits/Sample, pixel depth will change from ARBG2101010 to ARGB8888, should correct this issue.

See attached png

Attachments

• resxtreme 3.png
    resxtreme 3.png
    93.3 KB · Views: 137
Were you able to resolve this? I'm facing the same issue as well.

I havent actually had chance to try since posting this! Im hoping to get chance later in the week as been needing to use my original hack for working from this last week.

Download and run ResXtreme.app, double click resolution with 8 Bits/Sample, pixel depth will change from ARBG2101010 to ARGB8888, should correct this issue.

See attached png

Will give this a go! I had seen that another app switchx or something did similar but will try this as the other one is only a demo I do believe.

I figured this was the problem with the card rather than anything else.

Cheers Guys! :)
Will post back once ive had a go!

Raz

I tested this today on Sierra 10.12.5 with three different older AMD cards; HD 5570, HD 5770 and HD 6870 and it solved the intermittent blue/orange colour changing on my test installation.

Although my installation has no graphics injection used in Clover and the UEFI/BIOS settings are set to boot from PCIe slot 1 as priority, DPCIManager is showing the graphics to be HD4600 (from the Haswell i7-4790K) but the PCI List section correctly shows the AMD card details. There is some Intel graphics glitches on icons that should be possible to sort out - there is a known issue like this on HD530/HD630 graphics that can be fixed.

http://resxtreme.com

Icon glitch was an incorrect UEFI graphics setting.

Attachments

• DPCIManager.app.zip
    803.1 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Tried the Resextreme and works on one monitor fine. fixes the flickering blue to orange great!

Updated to 10.12.5 this afternoon and now lost my 2nd monitor! :( Its black with lines across it! Eeek....

Going to try a fresh install and see if i can get it back before the update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back