Integrated
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
When updating to 10.13.4, the installer ran twice, and then finally after 3 boots, the system booted successfully, however my HD630 graphics are now flickering badly.

I then updated both Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext, but the flickering persists.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be causing this, or where I should make changes to try to eliminate the flicker?

Thanks!

When updating to 10.13.4, the installer ran twice, and then finally after 3 boots, the system booted successfully, however my HD630 graphics are now flickering badly.

I then updated both Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext, but the flickering persists.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be causing this, or where I should make changes to try to eliminate the flicker?

Thanks!

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

upload your config and a screenshot of your efi/other folder.
A screen grab of my 'Other' folder is attached, along with my config.

Thanks!

Attachments

• other.png
    other.png
    171.8 KB · Views: 71
  • config.plist
    8.4 KB · Views: 52
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Thanks! Even though it's a laptop FAQ, I read everything, and found helpful info near the bottom (Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?).

I downloaded and installed the debug tool. But when I ran it (while running my clone backup of 10.13.3), Terminal reported a 'command not found' on line 54.

Hopefully the config.plist and 'Other' kext folder grab I uploaded will help to diagnose the issue. If not, I can try updating to 10.13.4 again and running the debug script, but it may be a challenge to do so with the screen flicker...

Thank again!

Attachments

• terminal.png
    terminal.png
    42.3 KB · Views: 58
Yes, the system was stable and everything worked. Even sleep/wake from sleep worked perfectly. I've since gone back to 10.13.3 via my external clone.

I've attached the system report > Graphics/Displays, but don't know if acceleration is active...how can this be determined?

Thanks!

Attachments

• system-report.png
    system-report.png
    129 KB · Views: 74
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back