GTX 960 WindForce
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So my build has progressed by following the guides on these Forums.
I have now got to the part where I wish to install a NEW GPU (Geforce GTX960).

I have been following information provided by Stork and the link from the front page --> http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/161256-solving-nvidia-driver-install-problems.html

I am getting the errors and one of the fix for 2 of the issues requires the use of an application called flat Package Editor.
I have tried to get this, but it would seem you need to be a registered developer to obtain this software. Can anyone provide some advise on how to obtain this application from apple?

Thanks

So my build has progressed by following the guides on these Forums.
I have now got to the part where I wish to install a NEW GPU (Geforce GTX960).

I have been following information provided by Stork and the link from the front page --> http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/161256-solving-nvidia-driver-install-problems.html

I am getting the errors and one of the fix for 2 of the issues requires the use of an application called flat Package Editor.
I have tried to get this, but it would seem you need to be a registered developer to obtain this software. Can anyone provide some advise on how to obtain this application from apple?

Thanks

You don't have to have a paid developer account. Just register as a developer.

Found here - https://developer.apple.com/downloads/index.action then search for "Auxiliary Tools"

Thanks for the advise.
I finally got the application, modified the Graphic Drivers and installed successfully.
I am now booted and running using the GPU.

The only remaining issue, is that the MAX Screen resolution I have is 1080P.
My monitor supports 2560x1440. Is there a way to force a higher resolution. I have tried holding down the Option Key but does not bring up options higher than 1080.

Thanks for the advise.
I finally got the application, modified the Graphic Drivers and installed successfully.
I am now booted and running using the GPU.

The only remaining issue, is that the MAX Screen resolution I have is 1080P.
My monitor supports 2560x1440. Is there a way to force a higher resolution. I have tried holding down the Option Key but does not bring up options higher than 1080.

What port are you using on the card?

I am using the HDMI Port.
Previously when I had the monitor connected to my 2012 RMBP, I had it connected by the HDMI, and obtained the higher resolution.

I have used both the onboard HDMI and the HDMI from the GPU and the resolution options do not change. I have installed the updated Mac GPU drivers and the Nvidia Web Drivers.
The only change I had to make over the standard
1080i --> 1080p
60Hz NTSC --> 50Hz PAL

If you're looking to edit the PKG file, use "PackageMaker". Apple no longer maintains it, however it IS still available for download. Login to the "Apple Developer" site, search for "Auxiliary Tools," and pull down the "Late July 2012" download. I just used it, 30 seconds ago, on a new install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back