Contribute
Register

Flashback: Mac OS X Tiger Welcome Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe it started with Panther and was surprised it wasn't there when I installed Lion for the first time. I used to start the install, crank up the volume and wait till I heard the intro music from the other room. Sad when the things that set Apple above everyone else are left to the wayside.

Nostalgia levels are over 9000

Article: Flashback: Mac OS X Tiger Welcome Video

Nostalgia levels are over 9000

So 8 years back is nostalgia? I guess it is if you are very young. I'm not that young anymore… :)

Article: Flashback: Mac OS X Tiger Welcome Video

I bought my first Mac in 2007. I had always been a PC guy and one day just said to heck with Windows and ordered a Macbook Pro 15". I remember seeing that welcome video. I still have the MacBook Pro. It no longer runs Tiger, but I still have the original disks that came with it. Seems like ages ago. Some good memories.

Tony should implement this in the installer. Maybe put it at the end where it was is Tiger. That would be really neat, bringing back Steve and his wonderful ideas.

I suspect they stopped using it because OS X supports many more languages these days.

A symbol of success for all us hackintosh guys :)

The Music was by Röyksopp. A song called Eple, from their album Melody A.M. (Great band)

I found that out by chance/coincidence/fate after listening to this album years after hearing the Mac intro :)

Those were the days...

I'd like to see that os again with today's tech.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back