Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
[video=youtube;pGIMY-e7NbY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGIMY-e7NbY[/video]​
Here's a blast from the past, and somewhat of a lost art form. This introduction video was played after the successful installation of Mac OS X 10.4.x Tiger circa 2005-2007. Apple removed the full welcome video starting with OS X Lion.

Related:
Mac OS X Leopard/Snow Leopard Welcome Video

Last edited by a moderator:
Article: Flashback: Mac OS X Tiger Welcome Video

I will never forget that intro. Back in the day when Tiger was first released, you had to know what you were doing to get Tiger to work on a PC. That intro was a symbol of something that not too many people were able to achieve. That was before people started calling them hackintoshes (hate that word - there is no hacking involved in modifying software...) and before everyone started bringing out their distros and all-in-one solutions. Those were the days when the only people who got it right were those who took the time to learn something new. The passion the OSX86 scene had is now dead... it's become too commercialized with every tom dick & harry laying claim to the hard work done by the legends of the OSX86 scene.

Apple needs to bring back intro videos.

Article: Flashback: Mac OS X Tiger Welcome Video

It's a shame when someone gets rid of one of their most unique features.

Back in the Tiger days, we got my mom a Macbook for Christmas one year. I set it up and installed all the apps she'd use before we even wrapped it up for her. To not deprive her of the first time use experience of seeing this wonderful video, I made a start up script that opened the video, and set it to full screen.

Anyone good with 3D apps want to make a video for Mt Lion, then we can then embed in the Unibeast installer to play on first boot after installation? I'm sure it could be done :D

I actually miss this, as it came in kinda handy - since installing the OS would take 20-30 minutes, I'd turn the speakers up, wander off to do whatever around the house or office, and as soon as I heard that music I knew it was time to come back and finish up.

From the good old Steve Jobs days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back