Graphics
Nvidia GTX 560 Ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
After finishing off my installation, i came to realize that only Safari will let me see flash content (of course, banners will still show up though).
Even though flash content worked, my mouse would flicker at the rate of play.

In Chrome, flash content would appear as holes. If I right clicked, it would be like right clicking my desktop.
In Firefox, flash content would appear as a white box. Music would play, but no images ever appeared.

While attempting to play minecraft, I realized that the game was crashing because of needed openGL commands, which led me to realize that maybe graphics enabler wasn't on.

(I've been using OSX86 Tools, which is unsupported and heavily broken. any type of alternative is appreciated)

My system information tool is showing me that there is 64MB of VRAM.. Which should be 1024MB.
On start up, it says there is ~1500MB of VRAM on the unsupported card. (using Darwin)
When I use iBoot(Not legacy), it shows up as a GTX 550 Ti with 1024 MB.

I have a custom EFI string for my Nvidia GTX 550 Ti(made by EFIStudio), but I'm afraid to use it as it might screw up my system. After finally perfecting my Hackintosh, I don't want to have to have to start over again.. for the umpteenth time.
Any ideas on what I should do?

your graphics card is not QE/CI enabled. you need to use the EFI strings or a kext or some other solution to get it working/recognized. the situation you describe is analogous to Windows being stuck at 640x480 resolution, the processor is stuck doing all the graphics work.

Short answer: you haven't setup your graphics card yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back