[Fixed] Nvidia Alternate Graphics Preventing Boot to Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,
I have just finished building my first hackintosh I installed all of the necessary drivers. I had been running my system using integrated graphics however, I just received my new Gigabyte GTX 750 Ti in the mail and wanted to use it in my new setup. Before installing the card, I installed the Nvidia alternate drivers and then restarted my computer with the boot flag nvda_drv=1. After attempting to boot with and without this boot flag the progress bar under the Apple logo is filled up like normal and then my monitor is displaying a no signal message. I have tried removing the 750 Ti and reinstalling the drivers with no success. I am able to boot in safe mode or by using the boot flag nv_disable=1.

My build is as follows:
Clover Bootloader version 2.3 UEFI
OSX 10.11.4
Intel i5 4690k
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 750 Ti
Gigabyte Z97MX-Gaming 5 motherboard.
System Definition: iMac 14,2

I am new to the forums please let me know if I need to provide any other information.

What kind of connect do you have between the monitor and the card?

The card is connected via HDMI directly to the monitor.

Your issue is likely not with the web drivers but a setting in your bios or something in your config. As of 10.11.2 I think you should be able to boot with basic graphics even without the web drivers installed.

I have tried uninstalling the web drivers, I was able to successfully boot like this but with very poor performance, if you think it is a BIOS issue do you have any suggestions as to what might be causing it.

Thanks for the quick response.

I have tried uninstalling the web drivers, I was able to successfully boot like this but with very poor performance, if you think it is a BIOS issue do you have any suggestions as to what might be causing it.

Thanks for the quick response.

Are you sure you add nvda_drv=1 to the correct config.plist?

Are you sure you add nvda_drv=1 to the correct config.plist?
I have been entering the nvda_drv=1 flag in the clover boot loader just before every startup with no success. Am I entering it in the wrong place? I just click options when on the boot loader screen and enter the flag there.

It turns out I just needed to disable Nvidia injection in the clover boot loader.
Thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back