Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I was getting kernel panics after installing protools and the core audio drivers. I finally got it to work but then, whenever the driver is initialized as in iTunes plays a song or i launch protools, i was getting a high pitched noise!!!! At first I thought it was the speakers, then a ground loop, but i figured out it was coming from the 003 itself!!!!! Something to do with power from the onboard firewire??? Not sure, I reinstalled protools, still there. So i ran multi beast and added:
-Drivers..> Kexts..>Miscellaneous..>NullCPUPowerManagement
I am not 100% sure this is what fixed it. The issue was driving me crazy to the point that I made a clone of my working drive and then tried all manner of things that broke the system to where I had to restore from the clone while booted in the installer partition.
This setting:
-Drivers..> Kexts..>Miscellaneous..>NullCPUPowerManagement
Seems to work! If you are having a similar issue, try this, if it doesn't work let me know, i will try and help you figure it out. Customer support for the digi hardware is slim to none, support for digi hardware on hackintosh systems is un heard of! I hope this helps someone!

Hi xgmdx,
I have the same hi pitched noise. It starts simultaneously the OS launch. To my taste it is related with disk activity.
I followed your suggestion and installed NullCPUPowerManagement.
Unfortunately it didn't solve the problem.
I'm on a EX-58-UD5, i7, 10.6.8, Protools 9.0.6.
Any way, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back