Contribute
Register

[FIX] "Window Server Service only ran for 0 seconds" with dual-GPU

My bad, I uploaded the wrong clover folder. Here is the new one and about the _DSM to XDSM patch, is that value "5f44..." the same for all computers or how would I know the specific one?

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 83
Never mind I figured it out. Thanks a bunch!

My bad, I uploaded the wrong clover folder. Here is the new one and about the _DSM to XDSM patch, is that value "5f44..." the same for all computers or how would I know the specific one?
Never mind I figured it out. Thanks a bunch!

_DSM->XDSM patch is disabled.
Disabled patches have no effect. Must set Disabled=false.

Hello , first of all i would like to thank you for the extensive support you give to the hackintosh community.

I seem to have some trouble setting up my (high sierra) Laptop hackintosh too .
I have followed this guide, and your other guide(s) on patching in order to get my laptop to boot to installer.
My address is "_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP" , so i made a SSDT-DiscreteSpoof.aml according to your guide and placed it in the EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/PATCHED folder. This did not seem to have any effect, as i am still receiving " Window server only ran for 0 seconds." .

I tried the HD4600_4400_4200.plist config, but that gave me a garbled debug screen with a "access denied"-like icon. Then i tried copying the DSM to XDSM patch from HD4600.plist to the clover default config.plist used by clover (using Xcode) and still it does not give me the "access denied" icon , but also still "Window server only ran for 0 seconds."

I feel like i have missed something. But for all i can understand from the quite complex material, i only had to copy and paste the code from this guide in order to make the SSDT-DiscreteSpoof file as my address is the same.

Especially since my Address is the same as in the guide, to double check i had the right Address , i verified it with a windows install looking at the discrete graphics's BIOS name in devmgmt.msc . I have included the bare minimum data for you , since i obviously can't boot. I hope you can make some sense of it , because i do not seem to get any different output no matter what i try.. Except for the "Access Denied" logo i get when using the 4600-4400-4200 config.

Kind regards, Niceman1313

Attachments

• 20180129_200532.jpg
    20180129_200532.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 71
  • 20180129_200912.jpg
    20180129_200912.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 86
  • 20180129_200755.jpg
    20180129_200755.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 78
  • 20180129_201059.jpg
    20180129_201059.jpg
    656.6 KB · Views: 75
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 75
Hello , first of all i would like to thank you for the extensive support you give to the hackintosh community.

I seem to have some trouble setting up my (high sierra) Laptop hackintosh too .
I have followed this guide, and your other guide(s) on patching in order to get my laptop to boot to installer.
My address is "_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP" , so i made a SSDT-DiscreteSpoof.aml according to your guide and placed it in the EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/PATCHED folder. This did not seem to have any effect, as i am still receiving " Window server only ran for 0 seconds." .

I tried the HD4600_4400_4200.plist config, but that gave me a garbled debug screen with a "access denied"-like icon. Then i tried copying the DSM to XDSM patch from HD4600.plist to the clover default config.plist used by clover (using Xcode) and still it does not give me the "access denied" icon , but also still "Window server only ran for 0 seconds."

I feel like i have missed something. But for all i can understand from the quite complex material, i only had to copy and paste the code from this guide in order to make the SSDT-DiscreteSpoof file as my address is the same.

Especially since my Address is the same as in the guide, to double check i had the right Address , i verified it with a windows install looking at the discrete graphics's BIOS name in devmgmt.msc . I have included the bare minimum data for you , since i obviously can't boot. I hope you can make some sense of it , because i do not seem to get any different output no matter what i try.. Except for the "Access Denied" logo i get when using the 4600-4400-4200 config.

looks like you are still using a config.plist from unibeast.

delete that and rename your config_HD4600_4400_4200.plist to config.plist

then edit new config.plist from:

Code:
<dict>
                    <key>Comment</key>
                    <string>change _DSM to XDSM</string>
                    <key>Disabled</key>
                    <true/>
                    <key>Find</key>
                    <data>X0RTTQ==</data>
                    <key>Replace</key>
                    <data>WERTTQ==</data>
                </dict>

to:
Code:
<dict>
                    <key>Comment</key>
                    <key>Disabled</key>
                    <false/>
                    <key>Find</key>
                    <data>X0RTTQ==</data>
                    <key>Replace</key>
                    <data>WERTTQ==</data>
                </dict>

looks like you are still using a config.plist from unibeast.

delete that and rename your config_HD4600_4400_4200.plist to config.plist

then edit new config.plist from:

Code:
<dict>
                    <key>Comment</key>
                    <key>Disabled</key>
                    <true/>
                    <key>Find</key>
                    <data>X0RTTQ==</data>
                    <key>Replace</key>
                    <data>WERTTQ==</data>
                </dict>

to:
Code:
<dict>
                    <key>Comment</key>
                    <key>Disabled</key>
                    <false/>
                    <key>Find</key>
                    <data>X0RTTQ==</data>
                    <key>Replace</key>
                    <data>WERTTQ==</data>
                </dict>

Hello ,

Silly me had forgotten that the fix is DISABLED=YES by default.
However when i set DISABLED=NO, and rename hd4600.plist to config.plist, all boot options disappear. Which indicates a corrupt plist i think.

So i went back to before , with a default config (from unibeast indeed) . This time i get my boot options (install macOS high sierra) back. Then i edit my default unibeast config with the DSM patch enabled to see if that changes things.

And low and behold , i get a 1080p "Select Language" Screen from MacOS!! It is installing as i write.

I know unibeast is apparently not the way to go with laptop configs. But since i get the "access-denied" like icon with the 4600-4400-4200 config , right after or before creating the initial RAMdisk , i don't really know whats causing the issue with the larger plist with all its added fixes and features..

I am thankful that you picked up the noobie mistake, as i thought i had passed all the noobie options..

Now when i will install clover to the HDD, this patch will not hold if my assumptions are correct. Do i need to mount EFI on the HDD when it is installed, and repeat the process?
Or is there any way i can still utilise it in MacOS after installation, e.g for rendering etc.?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 95
Find attached my EFI files.

No misc/preboot.log... You forgot to press F2.
Also, EFI/Clover was requested, not EFI... and you forgot to remove 'themes'.

Please read "problem reporting" carefully.

No misc/preboot.log... You forgot to press F2.
Also, EFI/Clover was requested, not EFI... and you forgot to remove 'themes'.

Please read "problem reporting" carefully.
Sorry. Now the file is correct.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2 MB · Views: 77
Back