Contribute
Register

Fix iMessage in Yosemite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Short answer is YES I Can. I assume you are referring to the Quit Messages command on the drop down menu.

No, that doesn't mean you're signed out.

I mean Messages-->Preferences-->Click on your account then click on the "sign out" button.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2014-10-22 13.31.08.png
    Screenshot 2014-10-22 13.31.08.png
    63.1 KB · Views: 202

I mean Messages-->Preferences-->Click on your account then click on the "sign out" button.

I can say that this worked for me as well. Also logging out and back in worked for me without problems. :):beachball:

I can say that this worked for me as well. Also logging out and back in worked for me without problems. :):beachball:

Using Chimera or Clover boot?

Edit:

I just saw your other post, you're using Clover. So am I and all works as it should. I've never had to contact them as I'm using my serial and info from my Mackbook pro.

I'm only trying to determine if billbrown is really able to truly sign out of iMessage (as he seems to be saying) and back in while booted with CHIMERA. If I boot with Chimera I'm signed into iMessage but I can't sign out and in again...I get that nasty message.

If I reboot with Clover I can sign in again then reboot with Chimera I'm still signed in.

Sorry I took so long to answer you - Have been working with Windows 10 Tech Preview.

Yes I could sign out and sign in on the Preferences page.

I am only using Chimera and have BIOS set to Legacy Only. Am guessing since OSX 10 is just a hobby, but could it be working for me since I have the same AppleID with my iPad? Apple call center person did not care about a cereal number only the 12 digit code and my Apple ID to do the iMessage reset. Also, I was able to sign in with two different serial numbers generated by Chimera one for iMac 14.1 and another for iMac 14.2.

ADDED: When I got the "nasty message" to contact Apple after trying to log into iMessage I did some cleaning of any stored iMessage setup data before I called. Figured that data stored from previous attempts might hurt.

I enabled "Show all Files" and navigated to StartupDrive>Users>MyName>Library>Caches and deleted all files which began with the following prefix:
Caches/com.apple.Messages
Caches/com.apple.imfoundation.IMRemoteURLConnectionAgent.

Then navigated to StartupDrive>Users>MyName>Library>Preferences and deleted all files which began with the following prefix:
com.apple.iChat
com.apple.imdsmsrecordstore
com.apple.imessage
com.apple.imservice

Finally, I navigated to StartupDrive>Users>MyName>Library>Messages and deleted that folder.

Thanks for the clarification. I use the same AppleID for my MacBook Pro, Hack, iPad and iPhone. I'm happy with booting Chimera for now as my media player, XBMC runs flawlessly and iMessage stays logged in. XBMC for some reason crashes when I boot with Clover though. More investigation is needed on that issue.

On the rare occasion where I need to sign out I can just boot with Clover to get it to sign in again.

cheers

A Follow Up:

I again clean installed Yosemite on another SSD after having gotten iMessage working with an Apple reactivation as described in post 1.

In this installation I used Chimera 4.0 and all the applicable MultiBeast 7.0 settings (easier to get things working).

iMessage allowed me to sign in. :headbang:

It seems that serial numbers are not the problem. You seem to need the 12 digit code (I got mine by changing to Clover) and an Apple reactivation which allows future signing in with the same Apple ID.

Note: the serial number on this install is different from the first install leading me to believe that it has nothing to do with serial numbers.
View attachment 108739

So would you be able to boot from clover on a flash drive just to get the Customer Code from Messages and then boot back from Chimera once you have Messages logged in? I was able to boot from clover on a flash drive before, but when I installed it on the system it wouldn't start.

I've followed multiple tutorials and I'm still stuck. I am now booting via clover, and I got to the point where iMessage gives me the customer code. However, after calling Apple and them saying that it's all been authorized, I'm still getting the error message with the same customer code in iMessage. Any thoughts on why that would be happening?

Also, would it just be easier to set my system serial number to the same one as my MacBook Pro? Would that work, and/or would there be any downside to going that route?

Doh! Thanks defbref :(

I guess I picked the wrong time to build my Hackintosh. Also, I wish I'd seen that message before I went to the trouble of switching from Chimera to Clover... :-/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back