Contribute
Register

Fix for OpenCL crash with GK110B based cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woohoo I did it :p frustration= forgetting basic things grrrr

Thanks a bunch MacAndor great patch finally i can enjoy mavericks while apple fix this i just hope it wont take a year or more :(

btw have you done some benchmarks to see the big difference with same apps after disabling OpenCL.. like how much slower/fast safari works or flash or other basic stuff..

maybe i should re enable OpenCL and do some testing have no idea though what software to test with.. i don't use adobe c6 or these have stuff only basic web browsing downloading and many flash based apps..

Awesome find, MaAndor!
Thanks for this fix. Works great on my GTX 680.

MAJ

You're awesome, my gpu would get stuck at high clocks if I used anything with opencl (ie quick look and opening pictures in preview) and it would raise temperatures too high for idle. Can't thank you again.

Is there a reason why I can't find the 64bit hex string in my OpenCL file ? I could only find the 32bit hex string.

The fix works but I was just wondering. GTX 760 running on 10.9.1

Well, if you already patched the 64-bit version, then you wont be able to find it. If you can open a jpg file in preview, then 64-bit is patched properly.

MacAndor, a question: Okay so I purchased the 780Ti some way back, before I checked for compatibility (silly me).

I cannot even boot the OSX without NV_Disable=1, but even if I find a workaround for that, how much slower would be the OpenCL if/when I switch it to the CPU?
I mean, an Intel i5 should be more than capable of handling anything that OSX can throw at it OCL-wise, right?

I could still use the 780Ti for CUDA etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back