Contribute
Register

Fix for OpenCL crash with GK110B based cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worked very well for me, thank you!

Just a couple notes:

- For some strange reason, applying the patch disabled my trackpad gestures until I restarted a second time, and then they worked fine. Whew.

- Even as an experienced Hex Editing noob, it was a little confusing as to weather or not one of the Terminal command lines, once entered, would save may changes to the Hex file (Step 3), but I assumed I would have to save it myself (Which is a correct assumption, sorry might seen obvious to most, but I don't speak "Terminal" ;)). When I tried it threw a permissions error... Perhaps add a step in the beginning instructing people that another approach would be to right click on the file>get info>unlock it>put in your password when prompted>then add yourself(Little + Sign lower left corner) and give yourself read write permissions before editing the file in the hex editor. Also, I seem to remember bricking my system last time I tried overwriting one of these files after editing in a Hex editor outside of it's folder. (If it worked for others then no worries). But best to edit the one in there? ...IDK.

- I have been having issues with this: :beachball: It seems to have reduced it's occurrence a bit. :thumbup:

Again, awesome work, thanks for saving us all a lot of frustration!!! :clap: Big-ups in the Karma point division.

It caused the following for my GTX770;

After reboot, I was not able to preview the photo files in finder, all other formats (pdf/doc/xls etc) worked fine

When I wanted to open a photo format file (jpg/png etc.) with preview app I got this;

Screen Shot 2014-02-22 at 14.51.05.png

I used my pc for a while as I always did.. Photoshop, MS Word etc.. And noticed I could not edit photos embedded into word.

I decided to reboot again and safari gave an error, and pc froze.

tried to reboot and It refused to boot, after few attempts I decided to go in single user mode and revert back to original OpenCL file and system booted fine again..

Don't know where the problem lies in my system.. Pity it didn't work for me..

I followed the procedure, but I can not enable CUDA for Premiere and Davinci. What's wrong? I am very frustrated ....
I have this video card, ASUS GTX780-DC2OC-3GD5 ... please help me

I followed the procedure, but I can not enable CUDA for Premiere and Davinci. What's wrong? I am very frustrated ....
I have this video card, ASUS GTX780-DC2OC-3GD5 ... please help me

I read somewhere on this forum that graphics with more than 2gb memory
have problems in Mac OS, maybe that's the reason of your problems.

davidianis are you sure?

these have my doubts about the procedure I followed:

I installed maverick, I just change the file OpenCL code on the 64bit version?

I installed Xcode but I do not understand when I should use this, since codesigning create open keychain access ....

I am grateful if you will help me solve my problem (I have to finish assembling my short film)

I'm sure I read that somewhere here in tonymac, I can't recall where tough :p
also try patching the 32 bit hex to, that worked for my in the past.
If you have more doubts try reading this guide again, is pretty clear!

I hope somebody with more knowledge can help you more.

Good luck!

Thanks davidianis, I assure you that I have tried and read the procedure many times before asking for help .... I also tried to install a new hard drive to OSX 10.9.1 (on 10.9.0 I have one currently in use), but I have the same problem, Davinci and Premiere does not recognize Cuda ... I hope that somebody (MacAndor) enlighten me ...

I tried it, I knew this method, but eventually it is only valid for the Adobe suite, if Cuda isn't active also identify the error when i open Davinci

Anybody can help me? I'd be very grateful....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back