Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
If you are experiencing a hang on the install when booted or a kp then you have to
1.boot to original sl drive
2. delete any custom sleep kext you may have
3 got to your install drive and remove acpi_smc_platform plugin found in system/library/extensions/ioplatformpluginfamily.kext/show package contents/contents/plugins
4. run multibeast on the sl drive and check easy beast and system utilities
5. reboot to install it should work now.

mslade2 said:
First boot into your sl install and delete the ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext from IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext plugins folder (in System/Library/Extensions). Lion will replace it. Also delete your sleep kext if u have one. Then run multibeast and check easybeast and system Utilities. Restart to your installation drive that you made using tony's guide and it should install fine. All try to help out with any problems you encounter
You mean to install easybeast/ delete those kexts on the "Installer" drive, right?

Yeah, deleting that kext on your SL drive makes it not bootable... good thing I was able to get back in through safe mode. But it doesn't work if you delete it from either drive... I just tried it.

HardRom said:
mslade2 said:
First boot into your sl install and delete the ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext from IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext plugins folder (in System/Library/Extensions). Lion will replace it. Also delete your sleep kext if u have one. Then run multibeast and check easybeast and system Utilities. Restart to your installation drive that you made using tony's guide and it should install fine. All try to help out with any problems you encounter
You mean to install easybeast/ delete those kexts on the "Installer" drive, right?
Yes sorry about that

mslade2 said:
HardRom said:
Yes sorry about that
I was going to say No Harm No Foul... but
Pos005 said:
Yeah, deleting that kext on your SL drive makes it not bootable... good thing I was able to get back in through safe mode. But it doesn't work if you delete it from either drive... I just tried it.
:)

Any thoughts on the Spinning Beach Ball Of Death?

mslade2 said:
HardRom said:
mslade2 said:
Yes sorry about that
only delete the kexts on the installer drive then install easy beast on the main drive

Why would I do easybeast on my main drive if it is fully bootable?

Pos005 said:
I also was wondering. Maybe he was assuming you're going to install over your existing SL??

HardRom said:
Pos005 said:
I also was wondering. Maybe he was assuming you're going to install over your existing SL??
it fixes the bootloader that lion is having issues with.

Revised Guide
If you are experiencing a hang on the install when booted or a kp then you have to
1.boot to original sl drive
2. delete any custom sleep kext you may have
3 got to your install drive and remove acpi_smc_platform plugin found in system/library/extensions/ioplatformpluginfamily.kext/show package contents/contents/plugins
4. run multibeast on the sl drive and check easy beast and system utilities
5. reboot to install it should work now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back