Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
is there a default method to fix a kernal panic at boot after new kexts have been installed as sometime i can get back into osx with the iboot disk but without i just get kernal panics.

other than that im going backwards as now i can't get sound to work without inducing a kernal panic at boot and still no news on the networking think i may just return to windows 7 and wait for while for new fixes to be released.

kuliand said:
is there a default method to fix a kernal panic at boot after new kexts have been installed as sometime i can get back into osx with the iboot disk but without i just get kernal panics.

other than that im going backwards as now i can't get sound to work without inducing a kernal panic at boot and still no news on the networking think i may just return to windows 7 and wait for while for new fixes to be released.

Boot in using iBoot, then check /Extra and /System/Library/Extensions for the kext you just loaded. Delete the culprit, then run System Utilities using MultiBeast.

If this doesn't work, sometimes it's easier just to start fresh. The install only takes 20 min or so anyway. :)

i KP'd my system trying to update to fakesmc.kext to 2.6.3 and originally was rebooting from the CD I had made, but I actually found just booting into safe mode using -x was easier and quicker to troubleshoot and text various kext type issues.

humara said:
i KP'd my system trying to update to fakesmc.kext to 2.6.3 and originally was rebooting from the CD I had made, but I actually found just booting into safe mode using -x was easier and quicker to troubleshoot and text various kext type issues.

this might sound daft but how do you boot with -x using chameleon? it says to press any key but i don't think my keyboard is working at that stage and so it just tries to boot normally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back