CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
Vega 64 LE
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all, thanks for all the helpful info. I'm a first timer and just built up my Hackintosh yesterday.

Question:
How do I install kexts in Clover? I have looked into it and I just can't seem to figure it out. Any threads or links that can be provided would be so appreciated. More details below on why I'm asking.

Specs:

Gigabyte Z97x UD3H
i7 4790k
Crucial Ballistix 16GB
TP-Link 4800 PCIe wifi card
IOgear bluetooth 4.0 dongle
Corsair RM750 PSU.
no dedicated GPU for now, but in the future will add one

Used the El Capitan install guide to the letter and everything booted right up without a hitch. I'm confused about a couple things. I'm having issues with USB 3.0 - only one port is working, it's one of the two on my case. USB 2.0 ports are all working fine.

Also, the motherboard's audio out jack isn't working, but the one on the front of my case is working just fine.

So I'm starting to look into solutions, and I'm really confused at how to implement the fixes.

You can install kexts to either your system drive (normally to /Library/Extensions) or to your Clover configuration (normally EFI/CLOVER/kexts/... on your EFI partition). There are advantages and disadvantages either way. But unless you need the kexts in order to run the installer, it might be easiest to put the kexts on the Desktop and run KextBeast and pick /Library/Extensions when prompted for the location to install them to.

Attachments

• Anywhere.png
    Anywhere.png
    57.8 KB · Views: 120
You can install kexts to either your system drive (normally to /Library/Extensions) or to your Clover configuration (normally EFI/CLOVER/kexts/... on your EFI partition). There are advantages and disadvantages either way. But unless you need the kexts in order to run the installer, it might be easiest to put the kexts on the Desktop and run KextBeast and pick /Library/Extensions when prompted for the location to install them to.

I can't thank you enough! I got everything working, thanks to your help. I feel like this should have been more obvious, but for some reason I couldn't connect the dots. I appreciate it!

Next up - tackle iMessage Fix.

By the way, still having trouble with lag and inconsistency with my IOgear bluetooth adapter. I just ordered OSXWIFI.com adapter for wifi and bluetooth and I'll be returning my current components. Don't feel like messing with it anymore, for an additional $50 it's worth it to get the solution that is known to work perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back