Contribute
Register

First timer - Installation halts at white apple screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all been on this two day straight
i have had the same problems no entry symbol waiting for device. Tried usb install that failed
after reading the stuff in this post im considering buying a new dvd drive
unless anyone has any other options
thanks

here is my kit list
Asus p6t SE
6gb ram
intel i7 920
LG dvd drive

Fred29 said:
Hi all been on this two day straight
i have had the same problems no entry symbol waiting for device. Tried usb install that failed
after reading the stuff in this post im considering buying a new dvd drive
unless anyone has any other options
thanks

here is my kit list
Asus p6t SE
6gb ram
intel i7 920
LG dvd drive

which DSDT are you using, you will need the custom DSDT for this MB.

Ok
here is what i managed to do today. I am uneducated in this stuff so please bear with me. I took out my hard drive and placed it into a caddie enclosure and connected it to a usb port and installed using iboot and multi beast and retail 10.6 dvd i then updated using the combi update to 10.6.6.
while i was installing to the usb hard drive i didn't get any hangs like i did when the hard drive was inside the case
after i replaced the hard drive back in the case i also tried to install logic pro 9 but the dvd drive is very slow its having trouble writing to the hard drive
there are only 2 sata ports that seem to work 1 and 2

as far as DSDT goes i just installed the one from the multi beast. Before i tried all this i did find a DSDT file over on a blog for a asus p6t not sure if it was for our board though jemmy
i might try that
im not sure if i should buy another dvd drive maybe one that is recommended like sony
not sure if thta would help
i also read this blog
http://trick77.com/2009/10/12/asus-p6t-64-bit-osx86/
i also found this
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... try1468585

Fred29 said:
Ok
here is what i managed to do today. I am uneducated in this stuff so please bear with me. I took out my hard drive and placed it into a caddie enclosure and connected it to a usb port and installed using iboot and multi beast and retail 10.6 dvd i then updated using the combi update to 10.6.6.
while i was installing to the usb hard drive i didn't get any hangs like i did when the hard drive was inside the case
after i replaced the hard drive back in the case i also tried to install logic pro 9 but the dvd drive is very slow its having trouble writing to the hard drive
there are only 2 sata ports that seem to work 1 and 2

as far as DSDT goes i just installed the one from the multi beast. Before i tried all this i did find a DSDT file over on a blog for a asus p6t not sure if it was for our board though jemmy
i might try that
im not sure if i should buy another dvd drive maybe one that is recommended like sony
not sure if thta would help
i also read this blog
http://trick77.com/2009/10/12/asus-p6t-64-bit-osx86/
i also found this
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... try1468585

It seems promising if you managed to install on Usb connected hard drive but to avoid the error you get at the boot screen, you will need to use custom DSDT. The link for the insanely mac forum you posted is the one I got my DSDT and I also used the P6TSE kext. If you have already updated to 10.6.6, you can try this
connect the hard drive via usb enclosure, download the DSDT and P6TSE kext from insanely mac.
Look at this post on how to run multibeast using custom DSDT
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4837
You did not provide details of your graphics card so I would suggest what I did with my ATI HD 5770
keep the custom DSDT.aml file on your desktop, run multibeast with userDSDT option
in boot options use the 32 bit GraphicsEnabler=No. Also install kext utility as well to be able to install P6tSE kext. This you should copy to Extra folder in System and then run kext utility to enable it to work with the drive, then try using it internally to boot

While booting from the disk, I would recommend using verbose mode, just press any key when the multibeast theme shows on boot and type -v, this would get the text on screen which if stops should show where the problem is

I thanks for your help
I have a geforce 8800gt I think it is
When I looked in the system info it regonizes most of my hardware
Will the dsdt file sort out my slow DVD drive?
Thanks again mate much appreciated

Fred29 said:
I thanks for your help
I have a geforce 8800gt I think it is
When I looked in the system info it regonizes most of my hardware
Will the dsdt file sort out my slow DVD drive?
Thanks again mate much appreciated

To test DVD drive you could try downloading a Ubuntu live disc and try running ubuntu from your disk, if it works normally then your dvd drive should be ok. If it is then might improve with the custom DSDT. I am assuming that your dvd drive is connected to sata port on motherboard. If you cant run ubuntu live then its the faulty dvd drive, then might need to change it, they are cheap anyway.

Good luck, keep posted re your progress

Ok been working nights this week so not had much time. I have succeed in updating to 10.6.6 DVD drive working normally after custom install of dsdt graphics work FireWire card works. The only thing that doesn't work is sleep.
But to be honest I'm not to botherd about that. It would be nice but not a deal breaker
I think I've been lucky really
Thanks for the help

Fred29 said:
Ok been working nights this week so not had much time. I have succeed in updating to 10.6.6 DVD drive working normally after custom install of dsdt graphics work FireWire card works. The only thing that doesn't work is sleep.
But to be honest I'm not to botherd about that. It would be nice but not a deal breaker
I think I've been lucky really
Thanks for the help

Thats good, I'm happy for you. I never had sleep problems with the custom DSDT but have a link at this post, many replies suggest it worked for people with sleep issues
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... 52&st=800#

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back