Contribute
Register

First time user - Kernal Panic after Multibeast and Reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asrock Z77E-ITX
CPU
Graphics
GTX 470
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey everyone, I'm trying to install Yosemite on my PC and I'm getting a Kernal Panic on boot every time I try and use Multibeast.

After install with Unibeast everything works fine apart from the fact my WiFi is very slow, using the Atheros AR5BHB92 wifi card that I thought would work out the box but maybe it needs some settings changing (get around 200kb/s MAX and will disconnect randomly).

I've followed this guide : http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-builds/73451-asrock-z77e-itx-core-i7-3770k-evga-gtx-570hd.html

And used the BIOS Flash and DSDT file attached to the post but after I reboot I get the following errors using -v and -x to boot.

68FF4ABB-6848-4E45-A986-E6515999241D.jpg

If anyone can point me in the right direction I'll love you for life lol.

Cheers!

Hey everyone, I'm trying to install Yosemite on my PC and I'm getting a Kernal Panic on boot every time I try and use Multibeast.

After install with Unibeast everything works fine apart from the fact my WiFi is very slow, using the Atheros AR5BHB92 wifi card that I thought would work out the box but maybe it needs some settings changing (get around 200kb/s MAX and will disconnect randomly).

I've followed this guide : http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-builds/73451-asrock-z77e-itx-core-i7-3770k-evga-gtx-570hd.html

And used the BIOS Flash and DSDT file attached to the post but after I reboot I get the following errors using -v and -x to boot.

View attachment 111089

If anyone can point me in the right direction I'll love you for life lol.

Cheers!

Looks like you don't have FakeSMC.kext on your hard drive. If you're booting off of the Chimera boot loader, you need to copy FakeSMC.kext to either S/L/E or the /Extra folder with the extensions in it (I can't recall the exact structure of Extra).

Try to boot your HDD off of your USB boot loader (boot the USB stick and select your Yosemite installation).. see if that works. I suspect it will.

Okay awesome I'll try that after work tonight. Thanks! :)

I reinstalled Yosemite using my USB and it did have the FakeSMC kext in S/L/E and in /extra/extensions and i got this panic again when trying to boot without USB, also I don't know if this matters but I can't boot from USB anymore either. I have to reinstall Yosemite every time.

image.jpg

I reinstalled Yosemite using my USB and it did have the FakeSMC kext in S/L/E and in /extra/extensions and i got this panic again when trying to boot without USB, also I don't know if this matters but I can't boot from USB anymore either. I have to reinstall Yosemite every time.

View attachment 111734

Are you using GraphicsEnabler=Yes or GraphicsEnabler=No ?
Post your org.chameleon.Boot.list and Smbios.plist

I was getting a kernel panic if I didn't use maxmem=8192 or maxmem=4096. I would try using one of those and see if it helps.

Are you using GraphicsEnabler=Yes or GraphicsEnabler=No ?
Post your org.chameleon.Boot.list and Smbios.plist

I managed to get it to boot without the USB lastnight =D. It was the DSDT attached in Buckeyes thread, soon as I put that into my Extras folder I get a panic and have to reinstall OSX.

Now all I have to do is sort out my HDMI audio and WiFi speeds :crazy:

Thanks for the help everybody!!

For the record I use GraphicsEnabler=Yes

I managed to get it to boot without the USB lastnight =D. It was the DSDT attached in Buckeyes thread, soon as I put that into my Extras folder I get a panic and have to reinstall OSX.

Now all I have to do is sort out my HDMI audio and WiFi speeds :crazy:

Thanks for the help everybody!!

For the record I use GraphicsEnabler=Yes

You have to build your own DSDT using MaciAsl and the patches of PJALM, if available, to have HDMI Audio. If need it I can provide my patches

You have to build your own DSDT using MaciAsl and the patches of PJALM, if available, to have HDMI Audio. If need it I can provide my patches

I'm going to try and get it working tonight, If I cant I'll be in touch ;) lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back