Contribute
Register

First time trying to build a hackintosh and need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not likely you'll get Mavericks to run well on that old Dell. I'd try Snow Leopard first.
Use the iBoot install method. See if you can get that to work first. Good luck. If you
do get it to work upgrade to 10.6.8 via combo update and then go to the Mac App store
to see if you can download Mavericks.

If it's got a discrete graphics card in the PCIe slot there's a much better chance it
will work with Snow Leopard.

What do you recommend/think I need in order for this Dell to run any form of OSX? What components do you recommend?

I have downloaded Unibeast, but I am unable to download Mavericks, I assume its due to the fact that I am running mavericks on a 2013 macbook pro? I do believe I still have snow leopard on my other mac, will that work?

If your 2007 has a 64 bit core 2 Duo you may be able to download Mavericks with that one
and then make Unibeast USB.

If you are unable to get it to work, I can create one and mail it to you. If you are interested, appleweekly5:beachball:

@appleweekly5
That is against the forum rules please don't mail the Unibeast USB to anyone.
Everyone has to make their own. Thanks. :thumbup:

The software and DSDTs created by tonymacx86 LLC may not be redistributed

@appleweekly5
That is against the forum rules please don't mail the Unibeast USB to anyone.
Everyone has to make their own. Thanks. :thumbup:

The software and DSDTs created by tonymacx86 LLC may not be redistributed

Thank you for that info, I may help me not get kicked off the site at a later time. appleweekly5:beachball:

If your 2007 has a 64 bit core 2 Duo you may be able to download Mavericks with that one
and then make Unibeast USB.

Ok, so I am hoping that either you are @appleweekly5 can help me with this. I thought the unibeast was something I download from this site(which I did). What are you talking about making it my own?

Also, is this the correct graphics card?
http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-1024MB-Graphics-01G-P3-2615-KR/dp/B00847TOLC/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1393036136&sr=1-1&keywords=GT610

And will that be everything I need for my Dell or are there other comments I should buy?

The HD that is currently in the Dell is still in working conditions. I believe it is filled with viruses, due to the fact that it is basically full (it says a few MB are available?). Is there away to wipe the HD completely without making it unusable? What's on is no concern to me.

Sorry for all the questions. I am a OCD perfectionist and what to make sure it is done right. So I won't look like this guy :banghead:
Thanks guys

Ok, so I am hoping that either you are @appleweekly5 can help me with this. I thought the unibeast was something I download from this site(which I did). What are you talking about making it my own?

Also, is this the correct graphics card?
http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-1024MB-Graphics-01G-P3-2615-KR/dp/B00847TOLC/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1393036136&sr=1-1&keywords=GT610

And will that be everything I need for my Dell or are there other comments I should buy?

The HD that is currently in the Dell is still in working conditions. I believe it is filled with viruses, due to the fact that it is basically full (it says a few MB are available?). Is there away to wipe the HD completely without making it unusable? What's on is no concern to me.

Sorry for all the questions. I am a OCD perfectionist and what to make sure it is done right. So I won't look like this guy :banghead:
Thanks guys

You are on the right track. Follow this link to make the installer. http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html
I shouldn't have assumed that you new how to create an installer, I remember when I was rather confused, thanks to the forum, I am typing this from my Hackintosh.

Yes, that is the correct graphics card. If you are interested in a WiFi card you can also acquire one through the buyer's guide.

I am also going to assume that you are ditching Windows, like me. So, there is a way to erase that virus filled drive. Again, refer to that good old install guide.

If you have any other questions or comments, just let us all know, I am positive we can help. appleweekly5:beachball:

You are on the right track. Follow this link to make the installer. http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html
I shouldn't have assumed that you new how to create an installer, I remember when I was rather confused, thanks to the forum, I am typing this from my Hackintosh.

Yes, that is the correct graphics card. If you are interested in a WiFi card you can also acquire one through the buyer's guide.

I am also going to assume that you are ditching Windows, like me. So, there is a way to erase that virus filled drive. Again, refer to that good old install guide.

If you have any other questions or comments, just let us all know, I am positive we can help. appleweekly5:beachball:

I am having problems trying to get a hold of a Mavericks. My 2013 Pro came with it installed. And will not allow me to download it from the App Store. It actually says its not supported on the list. My 2007 Macbook is dated back to Lion. Should I try and get a t*****t of Mavericks or should I try and install a later version of OS X like lion?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am having problems trying to get a hold of a Mavericks. My 2013 Pro came with it installed. And will not allow me to download it from the App Store. It actually says its not supported on the list. My 2007 Macbook is dated back to Lion. Should I try and get a t*****t of Mavericks or should I try and install a later version of OS X like lion?

Be warned, your comment will be removed, t*****ts will be removed.
And you should try out Lion, if it will install, it is available in the latest buyer's guide. Try it out. appleweekly5:beachball:

Polite reminder of the Rules

Rules said:
General Rules

• This site is for users of legally purchased copies of OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, OS X 10.7 Lion, OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, or OS X 10.9 Mavericks only.
  • Any use, discussion, links to or mentions of a pre-built VM, t*****t, distribution, downloaded, copied, cloned, hacked or modified installer of the operating system will result in an instant ban and account deletion. Piracy is ILLEGAL and NOT TOLERATED.
You can use a Retail version of Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion or Mavericks. Lion and Mountain Lion is not readily available to be down loaded from Apple. It takes 2-3 working days to become available to you. Snow Leopard or Mavericks is your best bet here. Snow Leopard will take a few days to arrive. If your Mavericks MacBook Pro is not letting you download Mavericks then that is odd. This might change once 10.9.2 is available?

Adrian B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back