Graphics
HD4600
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
i am about to try "the hackintosh", i have read some infor here and there but still want your idea how to make a "MAC" without problem, something can run stable and good. SO, please help me to buy stuffs to build a "MAC"

I have core 2 duo 7400, DDR2-667, Gigabyte G41M-ES2H, 320GB sata2 and 2TB sata2. I tried this config but got kernel panic sometime (after installed, run for awhile and got kenel panic). Maybe they are not compatible with "mac", so i am thinking to buy new stuffs to build a hackingtosh though. Please tell me what is the least problem for the hardware to build it? can i use any of those components above?

thanks in advance to all reply!!

trymac said:
i am about to try "the hackintosh", i have read some infor here and there but still want your idea how to make a "MAC" without problem, something can run stable and good. SO, please help me to buy stuffs to build a "MAC"

I have core 2 duo 7400, DDR2-667, Gigabyte G41M-ES2H, 320GB sata2 and 2TB sata2. I tried this config but got kernel panic sometime (after installed, run for awhile and got kenel panic). Maybe they are not compatible with "mac", so i am thinking to buy new stuffs to build a hackingtosh though. Please tell me what is the least problem for the hardware to build it? can i use any of those components above?

thanks in advance to all reply!!

I have successfully installed Snow Leopard on two custom mac builds: one with Intel i7 930 and GA-X58A-UD3R motherboard and the other with Intel i3 550 with GA-H55M-USB3 motherboard. If you want a custom mac pro, take a look at Tony’s Custom MacPro 2010 suggestion at tonymacx86.blogspot.com.If you want a budget custom iMac, get an Intel i3 or i5 and a gigabyte motherboard. I strongly recommend an Intel i3 or i5 processor with GA-H55M-USB3 and a low profile NVIDIA GeForce. My second custom mac build (my iMac with Intel 3.2 ghz) works smoothly. If the display does not matter so much, never buy an expensive graphics card… As I have read somewhere and had experience, NVIDIA cards are more mac os x friendly, less troublesome than ATI cards. At least for me. My 2 cents.

I've built a couple of OS X machines based on Gigabyte Socket 775 boards and they work great. Relatively good performance and stability.

The first thing I would try for an inexpensive build - use the components you've got, but add an nVidia video card. I've used the 8400 GT, and the build went perfectly. I just followed the iBoot / Multibeast install method. You may also want to pick up a Sony Optiarc optical drive. This combination of Gigabyte motherboard, Intel processor, nVidia graphics and Sony optical drive has always worked for me.

Good luck!

thanks all for replying to me, i will pick up a NVIDIA card and try with my components first but can you please tell me what best for my needs? i will hook up this system to 47 tivi LED with HDMI port so tell me what video card works best, i watch movies more than play game so i dont really need too expensive card though around 30-70 bucks maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back