Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi there! This is the first ever hackintosh build of mine.
Spec is as follow:
i7-4790
Gigabyte H97 B3H
12 gb ram(3*4Gb)
MSI 550-ti

i can install el Captain on the first boots.
after install finish and restart, I've choose boot OSX from my SSD, then after the apple logo, it stay at the grey screen while my mouse can still move but with nothing on the screen.

i've have try nv_disable=1 GraphicsEnabler=No
and even boot on integrated display with display card detach on all port ( VGA DVI HDMI)
i still stuck at the grey screen

when i use -v -x i dont see any error code at all

what should i try next?

thanks alot

Hi there! This is the first ever hackintosh build of mine.
Spec is as follow:
i7-4790
Gigabyte H97 B3H
12 gb ram(3*4Gb)
MSI 550-ti

i can install el Captain on the first boots.
after install finish and restart, I've choose boot OSX from my SSD, then after the apple logo, it stay at the grey screen while my mouse can still move but with nothing on the screen.

i've have try nv_disable=1 GraphicsEnabler=No
and even boot on integrated display with display card detach on all port ( VGA DVI HDMI)
i still stuck at the grey screen

when i use -v -x i dont see any error code at all

what should i try next?

thanks alot
GraphicsEnabler=no is not for EL Cap. with your 550 you can try inject nvidia=true, if it is already set to
true try setting to false and use nv_disable=1.

Normally a grey screen means FakeSMC isn't loading.

You may be booting from (using the Clover/kext configuration from) the wrong place. I would try: insert the USB install drive, use your BIOS hotkey to select a boot device, select UEFI:YourUSBDrive, and then from the Clover menu select "Boot Mac OS X from YourSSD" and see if you get in again that way.

If that works, you need to go through the post-install routine with MultiBeast before you'll be able to boot from the SSD without the USB drive attached.

@rcholic I've got the same on 10th gen Intel with OC 0.5.9 and Catalina 15.5.5. Did you manage to fix yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back