Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

Im looking to build my first hackintosh and I was wondering if my parts list below would work out.

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K Processor

Motherboard: Gigabyte Intel Z68 ATX DDR3 2133 LGA 1155 Motherboards GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3

SSD: Crucial 64 GB m4 2.5-Inch Solid State Drive SATA 6Gb/s CT064M4SSD2

Data HDD: Seagate Barracuda Green 1.5TB 5900RPM SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch Internal Hard Drive ST1500DL003- Bare Drive

Ram: Corsair Vengeance Blu 8 GB (2X4 GB) PC3-12800 1600mHz DDR3 240-Pin SDRAM Dual Channel Memory Kit CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B

Video Card: GIGABYTE ATI Radeon HD6850 1GB DDR5 2DVI/HDMI/DisplayPort PCI-Express Video Card GV-R685OC-1GD

Power Supply : Corsair Professional Series 650-Watt 80 Plus Certified Power Supply compatible with Intel and AMD Platforms - CMPSU-650HX

Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 Mid Tower ATX Case (RC-912-KKN1)

Disc Drive: Lite-On LightScribe 24X SATA DVD+/-RW Dual Layer Drive IHAS424-98 - Retail (Black)

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks!

Everything looks good except the Disc Drive - Get the optiarc

+1

Go with a Sony optical drive.

Thank you so much for the recommendation!

Has people found any problems with running OS X Lion or would it be better to run Snow Leopard for the initial install?

Just in case you were looking for an alternative optical drive I can confirm that the Pioneer SATA DVR219L works flawlessly in my rig. Good luck, And to quote Tony, "Remember, when building your own rig, it's easy to get frustrated- don't give up!"

Thanks for the recommendation. I was looking at the sony drive and its not sold from amazon for free shipping so this pioneer drive will help!

Cant wait for all my parts to come in to start.

Remember that in snow leopard your partitions have to be less than 1TB

Thanks, my parts are slowly coming in.

I haven't ordered snow leopard or lion yet. I know snow leopard is a disc i can order from amazon and lion seems to be 10.7.3 from the mac apple store.

Is there a good tutorial I can follow to install snow leopard first for my first build?
Will this process run more smoothly than installing lion?

Any suggestions with how I could partition my 1.5 TB internal HDD for optimal use? Ill already be using a SSD for the OS and applications.

Sorry I know there are a lot of questions, but hopefully these answers will help others thinking the same as me.

Thank you for the help!

alohaboy808 said:
Has people found any problems with running OS X Lion or would it be better to run Snow Leopard for the initial install?

I'm gathering info for my first build also, and I remember reading that Lion is an update to Snow Leopard, so you have to install Snow Leopard first in order to even get to Lion (correct me if I'm wrong). Perhaps run Snow Leopard and see how your build is working, then upgrade to Lion.

Looking forward to your progress!

Yes you have to install snow leopard before than you update it to lion, to install snow leopard you follow the iboot+multibeast guide and after this you follow the unibeast guide to get to lion. For the hard disk if you said you will use the sud for os and app, so lets install snow leopard on ssd directly like i did. I installed snow leopard, updated to lion and now im running lion on my ssd using my 1tera hd for storace (films etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back