Intel HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I was looking at some hackintosh articles and they suggested in order to get the most out of your hardware to make sure you have a DSDT file for the motherboard, and i was just wondering do all motherboards have this file ? If so where can i get a DSDT file for this motherboard

Intel Desktop Motherboard LGA1155 DDR3 1600 ATX - BOXDH77KC $102.74

P.S. I am very new to building hackintoshes so terms might need to be simplified.

Have you already bought that motherboard? If you haven't you might want to reconsider which motherboard you buy. If you have can you return it? I did a search here on the forums and found no real success stories with it. Here are a couple of threads to read through, which may convince you to buy a different motherboard:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-support/76137-intel-2600k-hd3000-problems.html
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-support/78355-help-needed-stuck-boot.html
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...-intel-desktop-board-dh77kc-kernel-panic.html

A good alternate motherboard choice, which happens to be on the tonymacx86 recommended list, is the Gigabyte GA-H77N-WIFI - the price is about the same as the Intel DH77KC, and it works 100% as a hackintosh.

Does tonymacx have a DSDT file for the motherboard ?

Motherboard:Gigabyte GA-H77N-WIFI -

And how well did the
Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 - Core i3-2105 - Intel HD3000 motherboard work out ?

Does tonymacx have a DSDT file for the motherboard ?

Motherboard:Gigabyte GA-H77N-WIFI -

And how well did the
Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 - Core i3-2105 - Intel HD3000 motherboard work out ?

Since the GA-H77N-WIFI has a UEFI BIOS, it doesn't need a DSDT unless you want to enable HDMI audio.

The GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 has been solid and stable - I don't have any complaints about it, especially since I updated it to the latest UEFI BIOS.

probably will be using the HDMI audio, so I'll need to get the DSDT.

But I do have a question about the DSDT downloads. When you do go to the DSDT downloads how do you download the files? I don't see a download button.

probably will be using the HDMI audio, so I'll need to get the DSDT.

But I do have a question about the DSDT downloads. When you do go to the DSDT downloads how do you download the files? I don't see a download button.

There isn't one. You just select the one you want to download from the pop-up list and it downloads.

Oh, I see what may be happening. You have to select the BIOS revision below the motherboard model, not the model itself. DSDT files are specific to which revision of the BIOS you're running. So in your case you'd select the "F2" below "GA-Z77N-WIFI".

Does the F in F2 stand for firmware and the 2 is the version

I was looking online at the Gigabyte GA-H77N-WIFI motherboard and i read that mac os x didn't support the build in wifi.
Does this happen when you don't use the modified DSDT file or is this a generic problem with those boards?

And would a
Gigabyte Intel Z77 LGA 1155 AMD CrossFireX/NVIDIA SLI W/ HDMI,DVI,DispayPort Dual UEFI BIOS ATX Motherboard GA-Z77X-UD3H work well? and is there a DSDT file for it ? I looked but couldn't find one, but I don't know if i'm looking in the right spot though.

I was looking online at the Gigabyte GA-H77N-WIFI motherboard and i read that mac os x didn't support the build in wifi.
Does this happen when you don't use the modified DSDT file or is this a generic problem with those boards?

And would a
Gigabyte Intel Z77 LGA 1155 AMD CrossFireX/NVIDIA SLI W/ HDMI,DVI,DispayPort Dual UEFI BIOS ATX Motherboard GA-Z77X-UD3H work well? and is there a DSDT file for it ? I looked but couldn't find one, but I don't know if i'm looking in the right spot though.

The Wifi adapter that comes with the GA-H77N-WIFI and GA-Z77N-WIFI is an Intel Centrino adapter, for which there are no OS X drivers.

The GA-Z77X-UD3H has unsupported audio (VIA 2021), otherwise it would work fine. No DSDT is needed for any of the Gigabyte 7-series boards, except if you want to do HDMI audio, then you need one to implement that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back