Contribute
Register

First time case modding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bossdaddy's G5 Case Mod

Hey guys I’m new here.
I’ve been looking at all of the G5 Case mods posted here and I decided to give it a shot myself!
Main Plans:

• Fix popped out rivets with Jb weld
  • Fill in deep scrapes and scratches with heat resistance epoxy
  • Either use wire extenders for the backplate or cut with dremel and transplant old back panel of old atx case onto G5 Case
  • Powdercoat case Black or Metallic Grey
  • Get front I/O panel operational
I purchased a “Grade B” case from powerbookmedic.com and of course it arrived damaged from shipping. I’m probably not going to return it to them as this mod will probably never happen if I have to wait for another case so I’m just going to jump in. I removed The legs from the case and have a bunch of popped out rivet nut things (hurray). I’m pretty sure I can get them back in with some JB weld with proper prep and allowance to cure, but if not I’m just going to drive some bolts threw on all sides so its symmetrical and hopefully if it comes to that won’t look too bad.
It’d be greatly appreciated if I can get some suggestions on any epoxy stronger than JB weld that is also heat resistant enough for powdercoat.
Questions:
The front I/O panel seems to be connected to the front of the case with a little bit of solder. Should I just chip those two corners off to remove?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back