Contribute
Register

First Time Builder. Input on parts list please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
WTHackintosh
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
Asus NVIDEA GeForce GTX 660
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey Guys,

I've constructed this list of parts that I believe are compatible and will serve my needs. (below)

I'm a first-time Hackintosh builder and I'd like some input from you seasoned veterans and those who have actually used these part combinations. I really don't want to spend lots of time patching bugs to achieve compatibility in this system. If there are more ready-to-go part combinations, I'd like to know now - ahead of time.

Also, do I need a CPU Cooler?

Thanks in advance for any feedback!
flyfid

[TR="bgcolor: transparent"] [TR="bgcolor: transparent"] [TR="bgcolor: transparent"] [TR="bgcolor: transparent"] [TR="bgcolor: transparent"] [TR="bgcolor: transparent"] [TR="bgcolor: transparent"] [TR="bgcolor: transparent"] [TR="bgcolor: transparent"] [TR="bgcolor: transparent"] [TR="bgcolor: transparent"] [TR="bgcolor: transparent"] [TR="bgcolor: transparent"]
CPU Intel Core i7-3770 3.4GHz Quad-Core $289.98
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H ATX LGA1155 $94.99
Memory Patriot Viper 3 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 $59.99
Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM $59.99
Video Card Galaxy GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 2GB $149.99
Sound Card Asus Xonar DS $39.57
Wireless Network Adapter Rosewill RNX-N180UB 802.11b/g/n USB 2.0 $13.94
Case Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Black) ATX Mid Tower $79.99
Power Supply OCZ 850W ATX12V / EPS12V $139.99
Optical Drive Asus BC-12B1ST/BLK/B/AS Blu-Ray Reader, DVD/CD Writer $49.99
Monitor AOC e2351F 23.0" $117.47
Keyboard Apple MC184LL/B $69.99
Custom ASUS USB-BT211 Mini Bluetooth Dongle USB 2.0 $12.99

Hey Guys,

I've constructed this list of parts that I believe are compatible and will serve my needs. (below)

I'm a first-time Hackintosh builder and I'd like some input from you seasoned veterans and those who have actually used these part combinations. I really don't want to spend lots of time patching bugs to achieve compatibility in this system. If there are more ready-to-go part combinations, I'd like to know now - ahead of time.

Also, do I need a CPU Cooler?

Thanks in advance for any feedback!
flyfid

[TR="bgcolor: transparent"] [TR="bgcolor: transparent"] [TR="bgcolor: transparent"] [TR="bgcolor: transparent"] [TR="bgcolor: transparent"] [TR="bgcolor: transparent"] [TR="bgcolor: transparent"] [TR="bgcolor: transparent"] [TR="bgcolor: transparent"] [TR="bgcolor: transparent"] [TR="bgcolor: transparent"] [TR="bgcolor: transparent"] [TR="bgcolor: transparent"]
CPU Intel Core i7-3770 3.4GHz Quad-Core $289.98
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H ATX LGA1155 $94.99
Memory Patriot Viper 3 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 $59.99
Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM $59.99
Video Card Galaxy GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 2GB $149.99
Sound Card Asus Xonar DS $39.57
Wireless Network Adapter Rosewill RNX-N180UB 802.11b/g/n USB 2.0 $13.94
Case Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Black) ATX Mid Tower $79.99
Power Supply OCZ 850W ATX12V / EPS12V $139.99
Optical Drive Asus BC-12B1ST/BLK/B/AS Blu-Ray Reader, DVD/CD Writer $49.99
Monitor AOC e2351F 23.0" $117.47
Keyboard Apple MC184LL/B $69.99
Custom ASUS USB-BT211 Mini Bluetooth Dongle USB 2.0 $12.99

CPU - :thumbup:
mainboard - :thumbup:
memory - :thumbup:
storage - :thumbup:
GPU - :thumbup:
Case - :thumbup:
Display - :thumbup:
BT - :thumbup:
KB - :thumbup:

Sound card - no drivers in OS X AFAIK
Rosewill wireless - not sure about this one - might work, might not
PSU - bit of overkill - 650 W should be more than enough unless you plan to add a second GPU
ODD - Not sure if that BDR will support sleep. This one - http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-Electronics-Internal-Burner-BDR-208DBK/dp/B00A4ZXE40/ I know does.

OEM CPU cooler should be adequate unless you overclock.

Also suggest you use a SSD for your OS boot drive. Samsung 840 Pro still seems to have best reviews.

Hey thanks Going Bald for the advice and confirmation! I will have to get a new sound card and thanks for the link to the ODD. I might gamble with the network adapter. As for the multiple GPU, I've read that OSX isn't compatible with multiple GPUs. Is it possible to have multiple GPUs? If so, I am definitely interested in that so could use the extra power - plus I already have it and got a good deal.

I did have to make some changes to the list however, for various reasons. Could you look over the updates?

CPU - going with 3770K cause I decided I do want to overclock
mainboard - was considering Gigabyte GA-Z77-HD3 instead of GA-Z77-DS3H because it has UEFI BIOS (thoughts on comparison)
Added CPU Cooler - Noctua NH-D14
Monitor - ASUS VS239H-P

Thanks!
flyfid

Hey thanks Going Bald for the advice and confirmation! I will have to get a new sound card and thanks for the link to the ODD. I might gamble with the network adapter. As for the multiple GPU, I've read that OSX isn't compatible with multiple GPUs. Is it possible to have multiple GPUs? If so, I am definitely interested in that so could use the extra power - plus I already have it and got a good deal.

I did have to make some changes to the list however, for various reasons. Could you look over the updates?

CPU - going with 3770K cause I decided I do want to overclock
mainboard - was considering Gigabyte GA-Z77-HD3 instead of GA-Z77-DS3H because it has UEFI BIOS (thoughts on comparison)
Added CPU Cooler - Noctua NH-D14
Monitor - ASUS VS239H-P

Thanks!
flyfid

You can have multiple GPUs installed but they can not fuction together in SLI/Crossfire mode. Crossing my fingers these features are added with the new Mac Pro. If you stick to the buyer's guide all reccomended boards have working audio and network jacks included. For the wireless card i would also stick to what is reccomended in the buyer's guide. I'm a bit biased but i like a quiet computer so buying a cpu cooler is a sound investment in my opinion if you can spare the money. And as far as i know all z77 Gigabyte boards have UEFI BIOS.

Just for your attention, both boards have DUAL UEFI BIOS.;)
And their titles say the same...:mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back