Intel Core i7-2600K
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello I've been looking at tonymac's builds for a few months now and have been dying to start my build. I will be trying to build a computer that will allow me to do some high end gaming and at the same time do my 3D character modeling and animation, I was planing on installing 2 hard drives one for work and one for play and throwing bootcamp on both of them seeing how my 3D program is windows only and most games are windows exclusive.
I intend to use this build as kind of a skeleton seeing how i already have Snow Leopard OS

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/08/ ... -2010.html

If anyone can let me know if my idea will work properly or recommend better working parts I would greatly appreciate it.
Much thanks -Atomic-

First off, I would recommend 2011 Customac Pro Build using Sandy Bridge with 2600K CPU model. http://tonymacx86.blogspot.ca/search/label/CustoMac

BTW, Ivy Bridge is coming out soon, if you want to hang in there for a little while longer, there will be recommendations for IvyBridge customac from this forum.

Yeah I was looking at that one for a while be decided against it because it had the Lion OS. Does it make a difference that I have Snow Leopard? If not I'm definitely willing to go with a better build.

Thanks for the feed back.

I was planing on installing 2 hard drives one for work and one for play and throwing bootcamp on both of them seeing how my 3D program is windows only and most games are windows exclusive.
So you are going to install Windows on one drive and OS X on another drive?or OS X on both? Cause i'm pretty sure you won't be able to do "high-end gaming" in Bootcamp :think:

I was planning on putting Bootcamp on both HardDrives because of the programs I use are both on Windows and Mac OS, as far as the gaming aspect goes "high end" may have been the wrong term to use, I just would like something more powerful than what I am running right now.

Bootcamp does not work with hacks. :|

Ah really? hrm that would make things a bit difficult, anyway of just having one harddrive Windows OS and one Mac and just booting up either one as needed?

atomictoyrobot said:
Ah really? hrm that would make things a bit difficult, anyway of just having one harddrive Windows OS and one Mac and just booting up either one as needed?

Yes you can do that. READ here...

Single/Dual/Triple Booting Guide on one or separate HDDs/SSDs by GoingBald

viewtopic.php?f=81&t=20872

thanks, i did a quick skim of the installation steps and noticed it said iBoot limits you to 4gb of Ram that might throw a wrench into my plans. I'll give it a more in depth read in the morning. Thanks again for the link.

You can install with more than 4GB now b/c iBoot limits you @ 4GB whether you have 12 or 16 or 32GB RAM installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back