Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,
Newbie here...
I purchased a CustoMac Mini Kit listed in Buyers Guide. Everything installed well but the system will not power on. The cpu and chassis fans spin for a second and then turn off.

The problem is that the power supply I purchased, TX650M, Does not have a 4pin connector that I can plug into the motherboard. The mother board has a 4pin connection and the power supply has a 6pin head. Should I have purchased a different power supply? I purchased everything on the links in the "Buyer's Guide" section. Is there an adapter cable I should purchase or should I buy a different power supply? I won't be running a pci-e card on this machine.

Here are the specs...
POWER: Corsair TX650M
MOTHER BOARD: GIGABYTE GA-Z77N-WiFi

Thanks!
Pete

According to Corsair, it's a modular power supply that comes with 8x 4pin peripheral connectors, 1x ATX and 1x EPS (this may be the one you use). Not all that well up on PSU's, but it WILL have a cable for your use.. maybe you only use 4 of the 6 pins?

The six pins are for a different use; PCI-E power cables, they are often 6 pins with an additional and split-able 2 pin. I think the one you need is for CPU power, often 4 or 8 pins. The powersupply should have a wire separately for this, again labeled "CPU". If you need a 4 pin, and you have a 8 pin, they usually make them so the 8 pins split into two 4 pins. Only one of them will fit.

Btw, the reason why your pc won't stay on is because there is no power to the CPU... MOST LIKELY. I doubt it's the power supply...

Thanks you so much for your responses. I didn't realize that the 8 pin head was designed to break out into 4 and 4. It reads CPU on the side but I assumed that it needed to go into an 8 pin receptacle. The machine booted this morning. I'll install the OS next.

-Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back