Contribute
Register

First time build. Is Monterey a mistake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
gibMacOS allows you to download and create installation apps for other versions of macOS - https://github.com/corpnewt/gibMacOS

But using the link provided by @trs96 would probably be easier.
I really appreciate all your help! I got Catalina installed and running and there’s no way I could’ve done it on my own. Huge accomplishment for someone that has never done anything like this! I have two questions for you..
1. I have to map my USBs next with hackintool. I know that OS reads USB 3 as two ports- is that the same case for Thunderbolt/USB-C ports?

2. As long as I map my USB ports and deactivate XhciPortLimit, can I update to Monterey natively? I have the latest version of opencore, kexts, and SSDTs already in my EFI since I just made it.

Yes to updating to Monterey natively, using the System Preferences > Software Update wizard.

Type-c ports come in two varieties and both varieties can be selected from the drop down ‘connector type’ options in Hackintool.

Type-c (9) or Type-c+sw (10)

The way I understand the difference is this:
  • A Type-c port will have two ports like a USB3 port when a USB2 and a USB3 drive is connected to the port.
  • A Type-c+sw will only have one port, whether a USB2 or a USB3 drive is connected to the port.
I am sure someone will correct this if my thinking is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back