Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo U410 i7
CPU
i7-3537U
Graphics
HD 4000
Hi, heres the hardware which i have compiled to build a my first Video editing and Audio production hackintosh. I just need some advise to see if all the hardware is okay please? looks like i need all the luck i get aswell looking at some of the problems people get, fingers crossed everything here is okay. :)

CPU: Intel Core i7-3930k
Motherboard: Gigabyte X76-UP4
RAM: Cosair Vengance 16gb
Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 770
SSD: OCZ VTX4 256GB
HD: 3TB Green Caviar
CPU Cooler: Corsair 120mm Hydro H80i
Power Supply: Corsair AX760
Firewire PCI Startech PEX1394B3
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Noctua Fans: NF-F12PWM

What do you think?

Thanks

The only thing that I see a potential headache with is the GTX 770. OS X does not have native support for the Maxwell chips yet. You might want to consider a GTX 760.

Also one more observation. I have used the WD Green drives in the past and they are quite slow for general use and painful for any kind of intense disk IO. You might want to consider an SSD (best performance) or at least a 7200 rpm hard drive instead.

Firstly, thanks for your help. Really appreciate it :)

The only thing that I see a potential headache with is the GTX 770. OS X does not have native support for the Maxwell chips yet. You might want to consider a GTX 760.

Really? I picked that graphics card on the strength of this forum, or the EVGA one. Alot of people seem to be having it working without any issues. Would do you think dude?

Also one more observation. I have used the WD Green drives in the past and they are quite slow for general use and painful for any kind of intense disk IO. You might want to consider an SSD (best performance) or at least a 7200 rpm hard drive instead.

Also i am only using this drive for storage. The OCZ ssd is going to used for the OS. Could recommend me a good 3TB other than the WD green?

Thanks again!

Firstly, thanks for your help. Really appreciate it :)

Really? I picked that graphics card on the strength of this forum, or the EVGA one. Alot of people seem to be having it working without any issues. Would do you think dude?

Also i am only using this drive for storage. The OCZ ssd is going to used for the OS. Could recommend me a good 3TB other than the WD green?

Thanks again!

I would highly recommend doing more research before pulling the trigger on a 770 specifically with regard to Mavricks to make sure you are fully aware of the situation.

As for the 3TB hard drives, there are many choices. It really comes down to cost and budget.

Thank i will look into it a bit more before making a final decision. Could you tell me what problems i COULD run it if i do actually go with the GTX 770?

Thank i will look into it a bit more before making a final decision. Could you tell me what problems i COULD run it if i do actually go with the GTX 770?

Typical problems seem to include no GUI during install, no native OS X driver, screen going black and into sleep at boot. You should really do some more digging to see for yourself if its worth the hassle. The 760 works out of the box.

In my existing Hack Pro rig, I have a GTX 690 which works out of the box. I also have another rig already built running Windows 7 and Linux that I want to turn into a Hack Pro as well but I am holding off until there are native OS X drivers for the two GTX 780s it has. Using the nVidia alternate drivers is a bit of a hassle and I'm not in any hurry to convert the dual 780 SLI box.

I have found this thread/guide by theandrewlucas which he is running a almost identical build to what i want and has everything working correctly according to his guide aswell as numerous other people.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...l-3930k-dual-gtx-770-samsung-ssd-256gb-3.html

i am definitely in doubt now but like you said ill do further research.

I don't have a 770 any any of my rigs so I can't advise first hand if it is truly working or not but I have seen a lot of posts reporting issues. If someone has a guide up and they've got it 100% working then thats cool but do enough research to be sure. If you decide to go for a 770, do let me know how it goes.

I will do sir! Thank for all your help, i really do appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back