Contribute
Register

first powermac g5 mod...Update 05-10. gtx 285 flash mac rom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi love his mod, sorry if i sound uber noob but how how do i re?-wire the speaker from the G5? i have a GA-Z68XP-UD4

thanks!

P0w

pahoran said:
hi love his mod, sorry if i sound uber noob but how how do i re?-wire the speaker from the G5? i have a GA-Z68XP-UD4

thanks!

P0w
Speakers (usually) only have 2 connections. + and - .
My guess is all you would need to do is get the connector from an old PC speaker and hook the + to the + and the - to the - and plug it in.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Jerime said:
Speakers (usually) only have 2 connections. + and - .
My guess is all you would need to do is get the connector from an old PC speaker and hook the + to the + and the - to the - and plug it in.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
Doesn't even need to be + to +. I don't think. It's only for bios beeps. If it was for audio you would probably notice something, but don't connect the g5 speaker straight to your speaker header, needs an amp I think.

Yeah the - and + on the mobo is to listen to the bios post beeps.
Your best bet to use the G5 speaker is to solder an audio jack to the speaker wire and then plug said audio jack into the back of the mobo.

eelhead said:
Your best bet to use the G5 speaker is to solder an audio jack to the speaker wire and then plug said audio jack into the back of the mobo.
Sorry, I assumed an internal speaker would be for bios beeps. >_>

Jerime said:
eelhead said:
Sorry, I assumed an internal speaker would be for bios beeps. >_>

It is but if you wanted sound out of it other then bios beeps you do what I posted above and solder an audio jack to it and plug it into the rear Audio jack.

Unless you know what pins to yous on the main HD Audio pins on the mobo. Not the two - and + on the F_Panel next to the power ones, as talked about above, like I said that is the bios beep one. :D

A Question to the space

Hello,

i have see your great mod for the I/O Backpanel ...

IMG_3895.jpg

You make plugs to the cable ends from I/O Panel come ... but i can't see this plugs in the I/O Backpanel from your Motherboard?

Can you explain a little bit?

VERY nice build!:D

Kinda made me wish I didnt cut the back of my G5:)

And I love your cable management, it just looks awesome:)

it is AT42QT1010...only single channel. got 25 of them from china. real cheap.

thanks. it is only a few soldering...

no problem. which circuit do you need. actually. they are very sample and most of them have diagrams on the data sheet.

really no much space...if you keep the apple rear io. there is only 3mm-5mm gap
IMG_3895.jpg

and you cannot use the fw800 port, if you keep the coaxial port....

hi! can you please help me with the soldering points of the rear panel? i really want to do the same for the rear panel as i don't want to cut any part of the casing. i hope you can give me color coded wires + soldering point for the optical out, audio and mic, usb 1 and 2 and ethernet.

i really hope anyone can help as im also doing my mac g5 project.

Hi, I read a lot of praise about this build, so I'm very curious, but now all the images are broken. Any chance you can fix the images? I can give you free webspace on one of my domains, if that's the problem.

edit 181125: Thanks for re-placing the images :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back