Contribute
Register

First ML Build but I can only boot in safe mode (-X)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Mac OS X 10.6.8
CPU
Intel i7 960
Graphics
Radeon 6450
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
Hi guys, this is the first time I install ML and after a few hours into making the unibeast stick to install it and many restarts as usual I could install ML v 10.8.3 (fresh bought from the apple store). I must say that I only could do it booting always in safe mode with the -x command. If not I will only see the apple white/grey logo screen with the spinning wheel.

I thought after the installation I might install the multibeast and fix whatever is causing this issue. But I cannot, because the safe mode I assume. I can reach the desktop but none of my usb drives with multiB are recognized. I checked and the CPU, ram and GPU are recognized and I have the full acceleration and resolution, although the screen gets "shaky" when I move a window fast.

I tried some commands to boot in like , the npci=0x3000, PCIRootUID=0 or =1, GraphicsEnabler=No or yes, and the -v for info , where the verbose says almost everything is ok , like integrity test and some aes , fips user space, but the apple cpu powermanagment is time out and the cpuidinfo says it is an unknown CPU model 0x3a.
after that > power managment may be incomplete or unsupported.

Has anyone any clue on this? I picked the hardware trying to follow the buyers guide, and it is:

CPU : i7 3770
Mobo: z77-DS3h
Memory: Patriot viper 16 gbs at 1600
GPU: EVGA GT 640 4 gbs ram
Thermaltake T2 600 wts
2x 500 gbs Western digital HDs
lg DVD-Wr.
kingston usb for unibeast

Thanks for the help!!!!

Regards

Erick

Download Chameleon Wizard it can be a god send. Try changing your system type to MacPro5.1 in the SMBios part. Make sure you install latest Mac Retail drivers from nvidia for mountain lion. Then in the org.chameleon.boot part enable GraphicsEnabler. It also has a section for checking your PCIroot wether its 0 or 1 just click on the magnifying glass. You should get the hang of it........ i wouldnt be without it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back