Contribute
Register

First Mac Desktop in my life, the 3AMac!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
WS X299 SAGE
CPU
i9-10980XE
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
This is my OSX86 PC, the Acer Altos 350 server with Pentium3 1GHz CPU and 256MB x2 SRAM

IMG032.jpg

IMG035.jpg

That's quite old, isn't it?

Actually, it was a 10-year-old NAS in an accounting company. Because the state-of-arts NASes are so small and effective, it has been abandoned. Oneday, I had a chance obtaining this server, I like its style, and I decide to make some modification.

First,I removed the out-of-date floppy drive, replacing by a card reader with USB ports, then I bought a new DVD-RW drive to replace its old CD-ROM so I could solve both front panel USB and DVD reading issues.
IMG037.jpg

IMG038.jpg

Next, of course, the system spec is too old to run OSX86, so I replace the Motherboard and CPU by ASUS P7P55D-E Deluxe, Nvidia GTS250 and Core-i7-870 with 4GB DDR3*2
IMG040.jpg

IMG039.jpg

Then it became Acer Altos 350 with Asus' Motherboard. 3As! :p

So here is my spec now.
ASUS P7P55D-E Deluxe
Corei7-870
4GB DDR3*2
Nvidia GTS250
1TB HDD *2
400W power
SL 10.6.5

The OSX86 installation was successful, with easybeast, I can activate almost all things on the board. Tony, MacMan and other developers, thank you for creating this so powerful tool :)

Nice; I did something similar with an old dell machine (had to get out the tin snips to be able to use the back panel with the motherboard!). :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back