Contribute
Register

First Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

does my assembly have compatibility with Hackintosh? ... I have a few doubts about the compatibility of water processor cooling, memory and graphics (maybe I would go to 2070)

if anyone has experience with the components in Hackintosh, and I will like to share them, thank you

CPU : Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor
CPU Cooler : NZXT - Kraken X52 Rev 2 73.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard : Asus - ROG STRIX Z370-G GAMING (WI-FI AC) Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Memory : Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
Storage : Samsung - 960 PRO 512GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Video Card : MSI - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Video Card
Case : BitFenix - Phenom M Nvidia Edition: White MicroATX Mini Tower Case
Power Supply : Corsair - 760W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

Hi,

does my assembly have compatibility with Hackintosh? ... I have a few doubts about the compatibility of water processor cooling, memory and graphics (maybe I would go to 2070)

if anyone has experience with the components in Hackintosh, and I will like to share them, thank you

CPU : Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor
CPU Cooler : NZXT - Kraken X52 Rev 2 73.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard : Asus - ROG STRIX Z370-G GAMING (WI-FI AC) Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Memory : Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
Storage : Samsung - 960 PRO 512GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Video Card : MSI - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Video Card
Case : BitFenix - Phenom M Nvidia Edition: White MicroATX Mini Tower Case
Power Supply : Corsair - 760W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

Your system should be compatible with MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6, but not the latest Mojave 10.14 since Nvidia has not released Mojave web drivers for your graphics card.

A 2070 likewise won't work fully since there is no driver support.

Your system should be compatible with MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6, but not the latest Mojave 10.14 since Nvidia has not released Mojave web drivers for your graphics card.

A 2070 likewise won't work fully since there is no driver support.

so if the new version of the drivers comes out (latest version 387.10.10.10.40.105 for 10.13.6 ver. of macOS)
...there is no full support for any NVIDIA graphics for Mojave as far as I understand correctly?

...so it should work fine after the release of the NVIDIA driver? ....or will it be more reasonable to go to another Geforce core card manufacturer and not to use MSI?

...I still want to confirm that there will be no problem with the NZXT Kraken 52 by water cooling? ... because I know he has a management tool under Windows ... and there is nothing under MacOS (at least I did not find it)
...really want to put water cooling on the processor ...without the whole Hackintosh sent to the water :(

So if the new version of the drivers comes out (latest version 387.10.10.10.40.105 for 10.13.6 ver. of macOS)
...there is no full support for any NVIDIA graphics for Mojave as far as I understand correctly?

Current Nvidia graphics cards like the Pascal series (GTX 10xx) and the new Turing series (RTX 20xx) have no support in Mojave. This won't change until Nvidia releases new Mojave web drivers, which may be months away. Older Kepler series cards like the GTX 760 is still natively supported in Mojave.
...so it should work fine after the release of the NVIDIA driver? ....or will it be more reasonable to go to another Geforce core card manufacturer and not to use MSI?

Until Nvidia releases the drivers, who knows? And other GeForce cards from other manufacturers won't work fully in Mojave either, not until the drivers are available.

If you want full support with a new card, you have to go for an AMD RX 570 / RX 580 / Vega. They are what Apple supports in its Macs now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back