Intel Core i7-870 2.93GHz 8 MB LGA1156
ASUS P7P55D-E Pro - LGA 1156 - Intel P55 - DDR3 - USB 3.0 SATA 6Gb/s
Corsair CMPSU-650HX 650w HX Series 80 Plus Bronze Certified Power Supply
Sony LightScribe 24X SATA Internal DVD+/-RW
Corsair XMS3 4 GB Dual Channel DDR3
Cooler Master RR-B10-212P-G1 Hyper 212 Plus
GIGABYTE ATI Radeon HD5770 1 GB DDR5 2DVI/ HDMI/ DisplayPort
Cooler Master CM 690 II Advance ATX Mid-Tower Case

Does anyone see any issues with the above config? This is my first hackintosh. I do not know what I plan to use this box for, but my OCD is killing me to build one. Possibly video encoding and as a HTPC/Server for all of my itunes content. I don't know what I should get for a monitor, I'm spoiled by my Macbook Pro's screen. Apple's 27" is a bit expensive. Thanks for the input!!

This is just another noob's opinion, but i think your build will work.

But i would recommend to use a Gigabyte board. In the research I did for choosing the components, I felt that it's easier to find tips, just because they are used more often.

I use the same GPU, it works without problems :)

That's exactly the one I used.
I had absolutely no problems, it worked on the first try I did :D
Just followed tonymac's guide.

Can anyone recommend an alternative to this mobo?
Gigabyte LGA1156 4DDR3-2200 CrossFireX/GBE/Raid/SATA3/USB3.0/7.1-CH ATX Motherboard GA-P55A-UD3

I really want this one but it seems to be near impossible to find it in stock. I already have my other components but I can't do anything without the motherboard. :banghead: :banghead:

woodchuck1978 said:
Can anyone recommend an alternative to this mobo?
Gigabyte LGA1156 4DDR3-2200 CrossFireX/GBE/Raid/SATA3/USB3.0/7.1-CH ATX Motherboard GA-P55A-UD3

I really want this one but it seems to be near impossible to find it in stock. I already have my other components but I can't do anything without the motherboard. :banghead: :banghead:

Use an ASUS, like beelzeb0z0,i'm using one also and i have no problems.

http://www.amazon.com/Motherboard-Chips ... 226&sr=1-2

What kind of video card are you using? I picked up that motherboard but I can't get it to boot properly after updating to one of the combo updates. I think it might be the video card, but it's the Gigabyte 5770 recommended by Tony. I think it might be the combination of the MB with that video card.

Actually, I see you have the 4870... :(

woodchuck1978 said:
Actually, I see you have the 4870... :(

Did you use a custom DSDT from the Database here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back