Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-UD7 TH
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX 970
Hey everyone, I just built my computer (Z97X-UD7 TH, 4790K, 16GB RAM, currently intel graphics only) and installed Yosemite. I made a Yosemite installer on a USB drive with Unibeast (This was because I couldn't figure out how to make a clover version without Unibeast). Yosemite installed totally fine from the USB, and was running great. Where I got stuck was post-install. I wanted to post-install with Clover rather than Multibeast. I [thought] I installer Clover EFI so that I could boot from the HD, but I must have done it wrong. I ran the Magic Wand in SMBIOS and selected iMac14,2. I then copied FakeSMC and an ethernet kext to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10/. Those were the instructions I saw here, but it didn't make sense, as shouldn't I be copying those files to the HD, and not my USB stick?

When I restarted the computer, booting from Mac HD, now the mouse is all choppy and it seems as if the mac is in some sort of "safe" mode. My USB stick wont show up when inserted either.

I tried restarting and booting from the USB stick, but my only option was "Mac HD or "Boot Recovery From Recovery HD".

When I plug my USB stick into my legit Mac, the EFI partition seems to be missing. I only see "USB" (Where I put the Yosemite install with Unibeast), and a second partition where I put some post-install tools like Clover installer. Before I did the Yosemite installation, there was a third volume called EFI, which isn't showing up now

This is my first hackintosh, so I'm positive I did something wrong. I just don't know what. Thanks for the help.

UPDATES:

I re-installed Yosemite and tried using the Alternate Post-Installation instructions here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-el-capitan-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

In Clover I added Inject Intel, as I thought maybe that would fix the previous choppy graphics issue I had in the first install. Alas, now OS X would not boot after post-install. I got graphical glitches and beach balls when trying to boot from USB, and just a hanging boot when booting from HD.

I tried a third time. Install went well as usual. This time for Post-Install I used Multibeast. Everything installed fine. Now I am rebooting, but it's been stuck at 50% loading bar for over 20 minutes.

I really thought this would be so much simpler :(

Any ideas what could be going on?

Update 3:
Installed Yosemite 10.10.3 on a Z97X-UD7 TH with an i7-4790K. Right after initial install, Intel HD 4600 graphics work well. However, after post-installation with Multibeast, I get a hanging boot due to "Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport," and I'm forced to essentially start over and reinstall Yosemite. I do it all over, and this time after Multibeast, I DESELECT Inject Intel. Now I can reboot, but graphics are not so good. The mouse is extremely choppy, and Graphics has become "Display 6MB" in About This Mac (down from the correct Intel HD 4600, with a much higher VRAM). It's very strange to me that it works well right after installation, but then doesn't run well (or at all) once I reboot. Something is amiss.

Is there a solution? I know others are using the 4790K Intel HD 4600 for their systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back