EVGA Nvidia GTX 660
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
HI,
sorry to post with what I think might be simple issues, but I am stuck a bit and have had no luck in my searches... perhaps the search terms have been incorrect. First here is my build:
Gigabyte Z77-DS3H, i5 3750k
16G Corsair Vengeance
EVGA gt640
128 Samsung 830 SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda
ASUS DRW24B3ST
TP-link TL-WDN5800
Targus USB BlueTooth

Here is the issue:
I have had no issues with the build or install of OSX 10.8.2 from the thumb drive.
The problems come up when I try to run MultiBeast.
I have tried various combinations of settings, drivers and boot loaders all ending in this way:
If I install the JUST UserDSDT Install , or No DSDT Install I end up at a plain white screen and then no further.
I can install the AC887, sound driver individually and reboot with sound, but not with the NoDSDT Install.

I am not much good at Hackintoshing ... so at this point I have been starting the install over, I dont know how to recover.
I am starting to suspect A BIOS SETTING ???

Please tell me how to get past this hurdle.. or tell me better search terms so I can uncover what to do.

Thanks in Advance!!!!!!!!!!

Just to clarify when you choose the option "UserDSDT Install , or No DSDT Install" and reboot you end up with a white screen? but if you just install the audio driver without choosing "UserDSDT Install , or No DSDT Install" it works fine?

Im sorry I did not state that quite correctly,
I still need the thumb drive with UniBeast on it to boot up if I do only the audio driver installation.

It is after I try "UserDSDT Install , or No DSDT Install" that the computer starts to boot without the thumb drive but hangs on the plain white screen before the mouse pointer shows up.

I tried to update the bios and then carefully go through the recommended settings in another thread I found here to no avail

thanks

an update....
I am able to boot my macbookPro with the drive connected by usb but still dont get past white screen in the hackintosh

Did you place your DSDT file on the desktop? and do you need the ml ahci patch?

I was able to get everything to work I think.

My MB does not require a DSDT, it is a "NO DSDT" Multibeast installation.

the issue was that I needed to set the option for Customization -> Boot Options -> GraphicsEnabler=No

now I have a machine that seems to have no issues!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back