Motherboard
HP Probook 4530s
CPU
i3-2350M
Graphics
Intel 2089
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, I have put together what I am hoping will be hackintosh friendly hardware, I have tried a few times over the last year to get my system set up as a Hackintosh but I always seem to get so far then get stuck!

my setup is as follows..

AMD Radeon HD 6670 - 1GB
Adata SSD s510 120GB [internal]
Western Digital 1TB [internal]
Western Digital 2TB [internal]
Intel I3 2130 3.4Ghz CPU
Gigabyte Z77-DS3H [F8] - Motherboard
12GB DDR3 Ram

I am unsure how to get this hardware up and running tbh and was really hoping someone could help me with a step by step guide for my specific setup.
I have spent close to £600 so far on all this setup and would love to be able to get a dual boot hackintosh up and running!

I have followed several of the guides on here and while they are very straightforward I always seem to get so far and the installation fails.
the farthest I have got so far was to get it to boot into OSX mountain lion but I had to use the boot disk every time and I had hardly non of my components working..

Can anyone help???

PS, I also own a retail copy of snow leopard but am interested in upgrading to the most recent version of OSX I can..

Hi, I have put together what I am hoping will be hackintosh friendly hardware, I have tried a few times over the last year to get my system set up as a Hackintosh but I always seem to get so far then get stuck!

my setup is as follows..

AMD Radeon HD 6670 - 1GB
Adata SSD s510 120GB [internal]
Western Digital 2TB [internal]
Intel I3 2130 3.4Ghz CPU
Gigabyte Z77-DS3H [F8] - Motherboard
12GB DDR3 Ram

I am unsure how to get this hardware up and running tbh and was really hoping someone could help me with a step by step guide for my specific setup.
I have spent close to £600 so far on all this setup and would love to be able to get a dual boot hackintosh up and running!

I have followed several of the guides on here and while they are very straightforward I always seem to get so far and the installation fails.
the farthest I have got so far was to get it to boot into OSX mountain lion but I had to use the boot disk every time and I had hardly non of my components working..

Can anyone help???

PS, I also own a retail copy of snow leopard but am interested in upgrading to the most recent version of OSX I can..

3ll

One big issue is the Intel CPU - if you have posted the model number correctly then it has HD2000 internal GFX support which is not supported in any of the Apple OSX versions - So its a problem for Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion,
The Second Problem is that this CPU is a SANDY BRIDGE CPU and you have a IVY BRIDGE Motherboard (z77)
works for windows but is a problem for OSX - the mother board chipset Z77 is not supported
Again you should be using a Sandy Bridge Motherboard ( a Z68) w a DSDT file - this also may be an item to look for in used computer parts.

If are planing to run a OSX version what you will need for that Z77 motherboard is to use Mountain Lion. No luck w Z77 and snow leopard.
ANd you will need to use the SL install DVD to get their. SO again we have an issue w the GFX chip of the CPU - suggest looking to a Ivy Bridge CPU w HD4000

You will need a discreet gfx card - something like a nVidia GT9400/ 9500/ 9600 /9800 - these are older cards and in very limited production - you may have luck searching for one of them in Computer used parts stores or some old computer salvage shops.
Try to get an EVGA unit if you can.

Also As you have a Z77 MB you need to use the iBoot for Ivy Bridge Iboot CD made for just you type of hardware - but you need a discrete GFX card as mentioned. And turn off the on board GFX video

Hi, thanks for the guidance..

just to clarify you think I can install using this Motherboard and bios version if I use the Iboot ivy bridge disk..
You suggest getting an Ivy Bridge CPU, do you have any suggestions on suitable model's?
I will have a look see if I can find any of those graphics cards too?

One big issue is the Intel CPU - if you have posted the model number correctly then it has HD2000 internal GFX support which is not supported in any of the Apple OSX versions - So its a problem for Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion,
The Second Problem is that this CPU is a SANDY BRIDGE CPU and you have a IVY BRIDGE Motherboard (z77)
works for windows but is a problem for OSX - the mother board chipset Z77 is not supported
Again you should be using a Sandy Bridge Motherboard ( a Z68) w a DSDT file - this also may be an item to look for in used computer parts.

If are planing to run a OSX version what you will need for that Z77 motherboard is to use Mountain Lion. No luck w Z77 and snow leopard.
ANd you will need to use the SL install DVD to get their. SO again we have an issue w the GFX chip of the CPU - suggest looking to a Ivy Bridge CPU w HD4000

You will need a discreet gfx card - something like a nVidia GT9400/ 9500/ 9600 /9800 - these are older cards and in very limited production - you may have luck searching for one of them in Computer used parts stores or some old computer salvage shops.
Try to get an EVGA unit if you can.

Also As you have a Z77 MB you need to use the iBoot for Ivy Bridge Iboot CD made for just you type of hardware - but you need a discrete GFX card as mentioned. And turn off the on board GFX video[/QUOTE]

Hi, thanks for the guidance..

just to clarify you think I can install using this Motherboard and bios version if I use the Iboot ivy bridge disk..
You suggest getting an Ivy Bridge CPU, do you have any suggestions on suitable model's?
I will have a look see if I can find any of those graphics cards too?

3ll

If your willing to upgrade the CPU to an Ivy Bridge unit like this one as it has HD4000 GFX you do not need to use the older Nvidia GFX cards I mentioned in a prior post as it will work w/o a discrete video card for SL and ML installs as long as you use the Ivy Bridge Iboot CD.

Intel Core i3-3225 Ivy Bridge 3.3GHz LGA 1155 55W Dual-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 BX80637I33225

So just upgrading one item will get you started

And Yes you will need the Ivy Bridge iBoot CD ( from downloads under iBoot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back