Graphics
ati radeon hd 5670
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,i've tried many ways to install mountain lion and i never succeed.So i suppose some of my pc components are not supported.
My specs:Intel Core i5-760,Foxconn H55MXV,Gigabyte Ati Radeon HD5670 1gb,2gb ram.
So what should i change?Should i buy another motherboard,or graphics card?

Hi,i've tried many ways to install mountain lion and i never succeed.So i suppose some of my pc components are not supported.
My specs:Intel Core i5-760,Foxconn H55MXV,Gigabyte Ati Radeon HD5670 1gb,2gb ram.
So what should i change?Should i buy another motherboard,or graphics card?

Buy a Snow Leopard DVD from apple.com Try to get that working on your hardware.
If your happy with SL your good to go. To run ML you'd need some hardware upgrades.

I would like to run ML to be able to install logic pro 9.So could you tell me what hardware exactly i should upgrade?and can i keep the i5-760?
Note*i don't need a good graphics card cause i'm only interested in recording audio.
i also have an external sound card so i won't need one.

I would like to run ML to be able to install logic pro 9.So could you tell me what hardware exactly i should upgrade?and can i keep the i5-760?
Note*i don't need a good graphics card cause i'm only interested in recording audio.

Looking at the specs of your hardware there should be no reason you can't install Mountain Lion.
Have you a Mac or access to one so you can purchase/download the Install Mountain Lion app from the app store?

Just an FYI: in order to run Logic Pro (or any Pro app) you DO need a graphic card that's fully supported. Logic (and any other Pro App) will not install on a system without properly enabled graphics because parts of the interface use QE/CI. Your 5670 should work though. (May take some setup effort however).

You can either find a guide to install on your existing motherboard, or you need a Hackintosh compatible LGA-1156 motherboard if you want to keep your CPU.

I don't know what board to recommend, and LGA1156 are hard to find these days. Hopefully someone else knows.

If you're willing to replace both board and CPU, then look at the customac buyer's guide for motherboard and CPU (LGA-1155)

I don't have a mac but i can access one,yes.I accessed a mac recently but not for the app store.
I just used another way to install mountain lion,which i cannot describe here cause i'll be banned.
So if i purchase/download the ML from the app store,it will work?

i'm willing to change whatever is needed.i just thought i could keep something i already have so i won't buy a new pc

Yes, it should. Then use Unibeast to create a legit installer.

I created a bootable mountain lion usb with a mac.I also used unibeast for ML.
It was stuck on a white screen,so i found here that if i deleted the "ati6000controller.kext" it would solve the problem.
So i deleted it.I also deleted the "ati5000controller.kext" cause i have an ati hd5670 and i thought that i should delete this too.
The installation opens and i type "graphicsenabler=no" cause i read that if you delete the files i deleted you must type this every time.
So the problem now is that in the disk utility of the installation i can't find my hard drive.
The only drive that shows up is the bootable usb.what should i do?
My specs:Intel Core i5-760,Motherboard:Foxconn H55MXV,Gigabyte Ati Radeon HD5670 1gb,and 2gb ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back