Contribute
Register

First hackintosh laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everybody.

My MBP just died and looking at the apple store, I just got infuriated by being proposed a 15 inch refurbished laptop with neanderthal specifications for "ONLY 2k$" (Vaseline should be included).

So I'm looking for a Hackintosh laptop to be able to dual boot on OSX without having to sell a kidney.
I looked through the forums and I can't seem to find any kind of "buying guide" listing highly compatible laptops on the market.

I found out that some Dell Inspiron are pretty reliable on this matter, but the thing is I know I would have to disable the discrete GPU, which I don't need anyway.

Could anyone point me to some highly compatible models which preferably do not embark a discrete GPU ?

I'm currently hesitating on the Dell Inspiron 15 7567 (but as I said, I don't really need the 1050, an intel hd chipset is more than enough for my needs).

Thank you.

Hello everybody.

My MBP just died and looking at the apple store, I just got infuriated by being proposed a 15 inch refurbished laptop with neanderthal specifications for "ONLY 2k$" (Vaseline should be included).

So I'm looking for a Hackintosh laptop to be able to dual boot on OSX without having to sell a kidney.
I looked through the forums and I can't seem to find any kind of "buying guide" listing highly compatible laptops on the market.

I found out that some Dell Inspiron are pretty reliable on this matter, but the thing is I know I would have to disable the discrete GPU, which I don't need anyway.

Could anyone point me to some highly compatible models which preferably do not embark a discrete GPU ?

Thank you.

Look at the various guides in the guides subforums.
Also you should read the FAQ:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Hey RehabMan,

Thanks for the quick answer.
I read the entire FAQ just before doing my post.

It's easy to find if a particular laptop is compatible by searching a guide on it. But what I'm looking for is somewhat a list of the best highly compatible laptops which could help me in the decision making.

There are some sites providing top tens but I don't really trust these because they obviously have a commercial interest in it. And I know forum people are much more helpful than a top ten coming from nowhere.

(Sorry for the language mistakes, I'm not a native english speaker).

Since you're a moderator and I see you have a ton of setups, I'll ask my question differently.

If you would have to advise me a hackintosh laptop , which specific model would it be ? :)

If you would have to advise me a hackintosh laptop , which specific model would it be ? :)

Personal choice... depends on your requirements, desires, budget, etc.

Requirements: no need for a discrete GPU, just a decent processor.
Desires: be able to boot OSX and do some programming on XCode with the best compatibility possible on video/usb/sound (wifi/bluetooth/camera/microphone are not mandatory in my use case) without having to pay twice the price for half the specs.
Budget: <= 1k$
Etc: I already know you still won't give me that model name I'm looking for :p

Anyway I'll continue my extended search in the meantime.

Requirements: no need for a discrete GPU, just a decent processor.
Desires: be able to boot OSX and do some programming on XCode with the best compatibility possible on video/usb/sound (wifi/bluetooth/camera/microphone are not mandatory in my use case) without having to pay twice the price for half the specs.
Budget: <= 1k$
Etc: I already know you still won't give me that model name I'm looking for :p

Anyway I'll continue my extended search in the meantime.

I think you have a lot of workable choices.

I recommend the business series of HP they're super highly compatible and fairly cheap+ there's a super detailed and easy guide how to make them work. It honestly took me around 4-5 hours to make it all work (given you have a compatible wifi card )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back