i5 7600k
Graphics
EVGA GTX 1060 6GB Superclocked
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

First off, thank you for the wealth of information that this community has provided. I've done a lot of research into my build and I think I've got something together I can handle. Wanted to run it by you all first though.

I'm a long time mac user and built my first Hackintosh a while back. Probably almost 10 years ago. I've been using mostly a Mac Mini and Mac Book Pros for years since then. I've needed a new desktop for a while and have gotten tired of waiting for Apple to release something new.

So, here's the build sitting in my cart ready to check out:

Case: BitFenix MicroATX Tower Case BFC-PHM-300
MoBo: MSI Arsenal Gaming Intel Z270M MORTAR
CPU: Intel - Core i5-7600K Quad-Core 3.8 GHz
Cooler: Corsair - Hydro Series H80i v2
Graphics: Onboard Intel graphics for now - plan to buy a Pascal card later
RAM: Corsair - Vengeance 16GB PC4-24000 DDR4
SSD: Samsung - 850 EVO 500GB Internal Serial ATA Solid State Drive
PSU: Corsair - CX Series Modular CX750M 750W

UPDATE (April 25, 2017): A few of the parts were delivered to my doorstep while I was at work, and they went missing. Surprising since I purchase from Amazon a lot and have never had that happen before. I'm off to try to purchase my case and mother board in person at a local shop instead. They have the MSIs in stock, but I could try others as well. Will update when I get the parts in.

Last edited:
Did you buy yet?

I ordered the parts. They should be in later this week. I'll try to update with results after I get started.

Just to update this group. I successfully got this setup working. Everything works except for wake from sleep. Hoping that a discrete graphics card upgrade will fix that one.

Nice! Was the install pretty straight forward?

For the most part. I managed to put together solutions from multiple places. Here's a quick summary of what I did to get it working.
  • UniBeast 7.1.1
  • Updated the config to have the CPU FakeID and added VoodooTSCsync.kext with a modified info.plist to change it's IOCPUNumber to 5 (I have an i5)
  • Booted to the USB and installed Sierra no problem
  • I purchased a Fenvi wifi card that was picked up right away - easy!
  • Installed the HD 530 patch using Multibeast
  • Edited Clover config to enable Intel graphics
    • I added Inject > Intel > True and Inject > ATI > False and Inject > NVidia > False
    • Devices > FakeID added (key: IntelGFX, string: 0x19168086)
    • AddProperties > Device added (key: IntelGFX, string: AAPL,GfxYTile) and (key: Value, data: AQAAA==)
  • Restarted - graphics are detected properly and look a lot better!
  • Installed ALC892 audio from Multibeast - FAILED
  • Installed vit9696 AppleALC - FAILED
  • Tried a few Audio > Inject IDs - FAILED
  • Tried Multibeast audio again, successfully installed - NO SOUND
  • Installed VoodooHDA 2.8.8 - SOUND WORKS!
That's about it. I can add more details if people need it. The one downside to my setup is that the H80i (mounted as an exhaust in the back of the case) covers a part of the PCIe 16x slot that is meant for a graphics card. There's another PCIe 16x that I'll be able to use for a graphics card when I get one, but the special one for a graphics card is reinforced. Not a big deal, but I didn't take that into account with my original measurements. I should add that I went with the Prodigy M case instead of the Phenom.

All in all, I'm very happy with the system's performance. Excited to get a GeForce 10XX card to get my wake from sleep functioning.

Here's a shot of the build (without the Fenvi wifi card). Things fit pretty nicely, and it's a nice small case:
Photo%20Apr%2026%2C%203%2055%2048%20PM.jpg

Very nice, your build looks really clean

Last update from me. I purchased an eVGA GTX 1060 Superclocked and got it working really easy with the latest Nvidia web drivers and Method 1 in Problem 4 here.

Really happy with my hackintosh! Thanks for all the resources this community has provided.

Now, I just need to find the perfect game to play to test out my new setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back