Motherboard
GigaByte Z390 AORUS PRO
CPU
Intel Core i9-9900k
Graphics
Radeon Nitro+ Rx 580 8GB
Mac
  1. iMac
Hello all! I am looking to build a first hackintosh for 4K editing & graphic design (Final Cut, PhotoShop, Illustrator). I would like to run Catalina, and audio, Bluetooth, and WiFi are a must. I put together a parts list here and am seeking your advice. (Thanks in advance!) Please also advise what parts I would need for WiFi/Bluetooth. In addition, if there are any modest upgrades to my parts, I'd be happy to consider! THANKS!!!

Intel i7-8700 Processor
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler
Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI ATX Motherboard
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB M.2-2280 NVMe SSD
MSI Radeon RX 580 8 GB ARMOR OC Graphics Card
NZXT H510 Elite ATX Mid Tower Case
Corsair RMX 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

Hi!
I am planning a similar build. I am going with a Gigabyte 5700 XT Gaming OC instead (which is supported under the latest Catalina).

The only doubt I'm running into is that the NZXT Elite, which comes with RGB fans is controlled by NZXT's CAM software which only runs on windows. So I'm not sure how the fans and/or RGB will run under MACos.

Otherwise your part choice seems good! I'm going with the Gygabite Z390 Designare.

Awesome, glad we're getting into this together. I'll be sure to keep you updated. Parts arrive right before thanksgiving so I'll be trying to piece things together by the end of the weekend!

Awesome, glad we're getting into this together. I'll be sure to keep you updated. Parts arrive right before thanksgiving so I'll be trying to piece things together by the end of the weekend!

Yes really cool indeed!
I placed all my orders on black friday so I should have everything within the next 2 weeks.

Are you planning on using any specific guide for installing Mac OS on this? Vanilla install?

The only doubt I'm running into is that the NZXT Elite, which comes with RGB fans is controlled by NZXT's CAM software which only runs on windows. So I'm not sure how the fans and/or RGB will run under MACos.

All my fans are controlled by the bios. I do not have a lot of lights and my fans are not RGB. However, my motherboard has a good amount of lights on it and they are controlled in the bios. I have another board that has lights on it but I was never able to change it, the light always seemed be orange, even when I tried software in windows. I am not a huge fan of all the lights and stuff. But your fans and pump can be controlled in the bios. For me I set the pump to full speed, and the fans to run in silent mode.

Hello all! I am looking to build a first hackintosh for 4K editing & graphic design (Final Cut, PhotoShop, Illustrator). I would like to run Catalina, and audio, Bluetooth, and WiFi are a must. I put together a parts list here and am seeking your advice. (Thanks in advance!) Please also advise what parts I would need for WiFi/Bluetooth. In addition, if there are any modest upgrades to my parts, I'd be happy to consider! THANKS!!!

Intel i7-8700 Processor
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler
Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI ATX Motherboard
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB M.2-2280 NVMe SSD
MSI Radeon RX 580 8 GB ARMOR OC Graphics Card
NZXT H510 Elite ATX Mid Tower Case
Corsair RMX 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

This is almost the exact build I’m working on right now except that I went with the Z390 Designare for my Thunderbolt 3 peripherals, so here’s crossing my fingers it works!.
I’m just waiting on my power button to get going good (I ordered a custom one off Amazon)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back